cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supress VC in sales order for configurable material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this might sound like a weird request but I am looking for a way to prevent variant configuration for a configurable material in a sales order.

For internal process purposes we would like to create an intermediate sales order with a custom document type and custom item categories.

When we create the document we reference 'real' sales orders which contain configurable materials.

When copying those items over to the new custom sales order type, I'd like to prevent the VC for this item in the new order.

The custom item category I set up is not marked as configurable (no configuration strategy/structure scope/etc...)

I tried to do this with custom code in copy control but it still is bringing up the VC screen which I want to prevent.

Appreciate any ideas which could help.

Thanks,

Markus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kakshat
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

I believe whether the configuration screen should appear or not depends on whether the material is marked configurable or not in the master data. Therefore, it may not be possible to realize your requirement via the item category settings. You probably need to do some debugging to figure out where the configuration screen is called and then add some item category based check there.

Regards,

Akshat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kumar,

that is basically what I suspected.

Regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just in case you are interested, the requirements type respectively the requirements class linked to it controls this behavior. Now when I replace the requirements type during copy control with a custom one that does not require configuration I can stop VC activities.

Markus

Answers (0)