cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global ATP in multiple SCM Systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Has anybody seen a situation where a single ECC system does a GATP check in two different SCM systems.  I understand that it is not uncommon to have one ECC system integrated with two or more SCM systems for different modules (one for DP, one for SNC, one for GATP, etc).

But we have a situation where we are replacing an existing GATP implementation with a new one (in a different SCM server). Business would like to do a pilot of the new implementation functionality from a risk perspective (scope limited to one plant in distribution network). During the short interim of the pilot, we could have a situation where one sales order could do a GATP in the 'old' server and another order does GATP in the 'new' server. At any time a single order is sourced from one plant, so at the minimum an entire order is availability checked in either of the two systems.

I believe that using the CIF ATP integration model, we can control which logical system the GATP check is done in. We will test this in a sandbox environment, but would like to know your thoughts. Appreciate any concerns/ watch-outs.

Rishi Menon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

goyaldinesh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Rishi,

It is quite possible to connect more than one SCM system to ECC technically. Business case will be little specific to customer requirements i.e having existing SCM systems for different business units.

GATP check can be carried out in different SCM system as you rightly mentioned based on CIF integration model. It doesn't create any issue. We have similar system set-up for internal use.

Only issue what I see here is, in case of RBATP, if you are using cross location ATP check, if will not give you desired results. Second issue will be for planned supply components, if material is planned in separate SCM system.

Such system set-up works fine when you are having isolated materials and location to plan and GATP.

Regards,

Dinesh Goyal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

When we use Business System Groups concepts we already mentioning the system what are all connected systems. But these are all for 1 SCM with multiple ECC and other ERP packs.

ATP check can be restricted or only a particular system when we have two different set of master data (Part, Plant combinations) into both SCM systems and then try..

thanks,

Bala.

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rishi,

To the best of my knowledge, when it comes to gATP check, one OLTP system can be connected to only one APO system. Hence, I am not sure if the scenario that you're trying to achieve would be possible. Did you get a chance to seek an opinion on your scenario with SAP ?

However, multiple OLTP systems can be connected to one APO system. This has been implemented by many clients. Also, if you do not want to execute gATP check, you can still connect many APO systems to one OLTP system. But, the key is only one APO system can serve as the system that can do gATP checks within.

Please do let us know if you're successful with this.

Babu Kilari