cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create Transfer Order manually for a new Shipping Point

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks

After spending a couple of days investigating what the problem, I am resorting to my last option of posting here. I am hoping one of you can help me here.

Due to a new business requirement, I am having to create a new Shipping Point. We use Lean WH. I have performed the following steps

1. Created a new shipping point under Logistics Exec
  2. Created a new Shipping Point and assigned it to the plant (under ENT Structure)
  3. Created Shipping Condition
  4. Assign Shipping Point to Shipping Condition
  5. Changed Customer Master Shipping condition to the new SC.
  6. Assigned the storage location for the new Shipping Point and the Plant under SPRO-LE-Shipping-Picking-Determine Picking Location- Assign Picking Location

When I create an Order, a delivery gets created automatically. Now when I try to create a TO in VL06P in the background, I get an error VLA029

WM-TO: 0 deliveries successful, 0 with errors, 1 not relevant

As far as I am concerned, all the steps are completed.

Can someone please throw some light on how to get this fixed.

Thanks in advance to everyone.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI folks

I was able to solve the issue. All the configuration seemed correct. However when the original delivery was created config step #6 in my list was missing and then I realized after the fact and made that config.

However, the delivery document that was created in the meantime did not have the Warehouse field populated in it and there by the system insisted this delivery document was not relevant for picking.

Thanks for all your responses.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For the said error, SAP have given the following procedure

The above is self explanatory and have you tested in line with the above.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member182575
Contributor
0 Kudos

What about the WM configuration for Lean WM where you assign and activate.

Regards

Waza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From what I checked the config for Lean WM, new Shipping Point is assigned to the Plant and Plant and associated Storage Locations are assigned to the Warehouse. So the link seems to be complete.

Everything else on the Shipping Point config seems to be similar with other Shipping Points we have had before. The problem is only happening with this new SP.

former_member182575
Contributor
0 Kudos

There is an activation point in WM where if I remember you enter a default fixed bin storage type.

Regards

Waza