cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPB (Business Process Blueprinting) Tool - Cannot Publish entities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SCN members!

Could anyone help me? During my tests on the BPB tool, I found a problem related to the process flow on business process level:

All elements (except process steps) used in process design disappear after the syncronization (publishing) with Solution Manager

Here is one test:

1 - First I draw the process flow

2 - Then I save it and publish in Solution Manager, but when I do this, the tool returns me an error message: Cannot publish entities; check problems view. The point here is there is no information on the log files to help with the error identification.

3 - On Solution Manager, the component view tab shows only the process steps.

4 - If I close and reopen the BPB tool, only the process steps remain:

Any idea about what is happening?

Best Regards,

Vitor Soutinho

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SCN members!

The problem was solved and I would like to share with you the solution.

The error message disappeared after I recriated services definitions:

• BSIDIRECTROYINTERFACE
  • BSISMSYINTERFACE

The subprocess flow after this was ok:

Thanks for the suggestions!

Best Regards,

Vitor Soutinho

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vitor,

I've tried all the things that you have mentioned - including re-creating the service definitions and end points, fully qualified server names, checking the default context, adding * to the S_SERVICE authorisation...but I still have the same problem as you experienced  "cannot publish..".

I'm hoping someone has found an answer that can help me. 

Another thing I have discovered is that if a project is 'small' - I don't know what 'small' is - I can open the blueprint, but at size some point, the tool refuses to open.  I can see the BPB service user processing in SM50 and eventually finishing retrieving the node tree, but it never opens in the tool.  Does anyone have any advice on this ? 

Looking for some guidance here...

Thanks,

Guy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fixed it myself.  The earlier documentation I had been using was evidently inaccurate.  Using the WSDL to define the objects and SSO rather than userId authorisation did the trick for me.

VJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vitor,

Can you please use Internet Explorer to navigate to 'Business Process Blueprinting Server Administration' page, the URL would look something like

http://<server>:<port>/ebb/setup.asp

You would require authentication to view this page - a user that is able to use the BPB tool is adequate.

Here under the head 'Workspace Maintenance' you would find a list of workspaces.

The column 'Solution Manager Related Package' has a list of radio buttons one of these radio buttons would be in a 'selected' state. This workspace is the default workspace.

Click on the 'Download' link for the 'default work space' The link will open a text document listing the attributes of the 'Default Workspace' here the value of the field 'packageID' should agree with the field 'Default Context' in they System Configuration of the BPB tool.

You can access the Default context field by navigating to the 'Dashboard' of the BPB Tool.

Here click on the link 'Change Preferences'

A dialog opens up with the heading 'System Configuration' Click on the text 'Advanced' to reveal the 'Default Context' field.

kindly confirm this field has the same value as the 'package id' of the 'Default Workspace'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

Thanks for your reply!

So I checked the packageID and the Default Context field and they both match. Any other suggestion about what could be causing the problem previously described by me?

I already tried the steps presented in SAP note 1685470 - On Publish of Prj/Scn/Prc in BPB, shortcut nodes are deleted

Best Regards,

Vitor Soutinho