cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPL Screening with Address

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My business want to send the address (with 180 chars) that has all (Name, street, city, country, zipcode etc) to GTS without parsing.

I would like to know whether GTS can accept it and perform SPL screening.

So far, i have worked on comparison where all the data is parsed (Name, Street, City, Country etc).

Please help me on this.

Thanks

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

How is this data sent to GTS? That's very important.

Are you going to send it to GTS and have a BP created. If so, first thing to be checked, is how will GTS create a business partner with your 180 character text.

If this is an external data and you just need a screening for approving Quotations etc. Then you can use the SPL screening of External Address.

You just need that external data converted to an XML format. Then the xml file can be used for screening in GTS. And parsing data outside SAP to create an XML shouldn't be a big deal. Let us know your thoughts. In this case, you don't really need the address data to be available in GTS.

Regards

Dhilipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhilipan,

It is the new country we are planning to implement.

The country planning to send a file once a day with all business partners and the file need to be loaded (create new BP) into GTS.

In the file, the country want to send a long text with all address fields (no parsing) and i would like to know if there is any field that we can use in GTS to load the data.

Thanks

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

In that case, you can create a logic/Z-functionality in SAP GTS to upload that text file and create business partners based on that automatically. This logic should take care of the address parsing as well with inteded logic, provided that a particular format is maintained in the input text file for Long Address. I am taking in terms of the one that already exists in the system for automtic upload of custom offices in the SAP GTS system but with scope to parse the address with suitable format. Apart from this, I could make out that there is no way you can get your unparsed address details being screened for SPL directly through the GTS system.

Please let me know, if you require more help.

Regards,

Aman