cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to edit a document

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a document which exists in the location:

The document is of type pdf and I want to know how I can edit and update the document so that I maintain the same link.

I just want to change one line in the document but I don't want a new link for the updated document since the link is shared with many colleagues.

Can you tell me how to go about this.

Regards

Manoj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

This is a document stored in the SCN library and was published before the migration to the currently platform.

So update this document, you must e-mail it to scncontent@sap.com.  Please include the e-mail of the published document in your correspondence.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are having the original docx file from which it was exported to pdf.

Make changes in source file, export to pdf and upload again. Editing pdf directly is painful and not recommended if you have the source file.

0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Thanks for the info. Can you let me know where I can upload again?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not an SAP employee, so I don't know the process to be followed for uploading pdf.

For normal SCN members, uploading pdf is not allowed.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish

I am normal SCN member and I am able to attach a file to any document

Just go to create document screen and see Attach file and Choose file button below left corner of the text box.

For Original Query I can just say that this is is not a good way to write document. I didn't check your document because it is not my area but since it is document so it must have some texts. When some user searches with text in Google, system can't go into attached files and fetch threads with relevant text. I always advise users to publish document with texts and only attach screens if required.

Now you have no other option but to convert this PDF file into word, make changes and upload again or you can just mention changes in text box provided by SCN. Mention the changes there and leave the document as it is.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you upload a pdf in reply as a proof?

Files can be attached, pdf is not one of them.

File types allowed: .asc, .txt, .text, .xml, .xsl, .gif, .png, .jpeg, .jpg, .jpe, .ics

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish

I didn't check the formats. You are right about PDF. It is not allowing a PDF file and giving error The content type of this attachment is not allowed. I have seen many documents in which they have uploaded PDF file so I think this is some recent change/modification in SCN. In ancient era of SCN, people used to attach PDF files as well.

Thank$