SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill is prorating, how do I stop it from doing so?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am billing a customer for a 36 day billing period, because his move-in date was too close to the end of the last billing period to generate a bill for that period.  My portion is configured with a interval of 28-34 days for month-related billing, so I am just outside those parameters.

My rate calculates with an operand that is configured to use the end of the billing period for the price.  My price is a 3 step block charge with no time category specified, no average price and no adjustment.   My first step is for the first 9 units, the next 21 units in step 2, then the rest at the step 3.

What is happening is that the bill is prorating, and applying 18 units at the first step price, 42 units at the middle step and the remainder at the top step.  But I don't want 2 step 1's and 2 step 2's.

How do I prevent the proration?

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Cathy

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cathy,

It seems to be standard functionality.

Probably you can create a manual bill for the earlier period and continue with the normal billing of the rest period as a way out.

Cheers,

Rakesh..

http://sapisurdg.wordpress.com/