cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default the Tax Code on a Shipment Cost Document

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do I set the tax code to default in the Shipment Cost Document under the Tax tab?  We're seeing different behavior depending on whether we're shipping from US to Canada or the other way around.  It must be configurable but I can't find it.  Please help as I've read many existing posts and can't find a resolution.

Here's what's happening:

1. B/L 122252 was shipped in Company 2000 from CA to US.  When I settle the cost document for these types of shipments, I have to delete the Tax Jurisdiction (US0000000) before I can complete it.  The Tax Code is also blank, when it should be I0 (Tax Exempt).

2.    B/L 122325 is in Company 1000, and is the reverse of the one above (US to Canada shipment). It has a Canadian Tax Jurisdiction with the Tax Code of I0, and it works fine. The Jurisdiction does not have to be deleted.

It seems that the issue with the Company 2000 shipments would be the Tax Code of I0 not being populated, when the shipment cost document is created.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182575
Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe it is through TK11.

Also review condition type FT00.

Regards

Waza

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are no condition records setup in TK11 under any of the Key Combinations for FT00.  However, per the screen shots above, we see different behavior based on which company (or it could be a different field I suppose, but it's definitely different behavior) the Cost Document is in. 

What else can cause this behavior? 

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

can you check the condition tab , and compare both shipping cost condition tabs ,

check the tax condition types as same or different , based on that you find the condition records in TK13

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to add a record to the Condtions' table that solved half my problem.  The Tax Exempt code (I0) is now being added to the Canadian record like it is for the US record.  However, the Tax Jurisdiction field is still being populated and we want it to be blank.  Where does this field come from?    It's not in the condition record, and it's something different for the US ship cost doc than the Canadian record, so something's telling it what to put there.

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

go to IMG-FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING -financial accounting and global settings-tax and sales purchages-basic settings -TAX jurisdiction code

this code maintain at CUSTOMER and VENDOR MASTER general data level

pl check above

Answers (0)