SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICA batch jobs FP05FIK and FP09FIK

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Experts help me understand use of following FICA report programs

a. FP05FIK - Change Reconcil. Key for Payment Lot

b. FP09FIK - Change Recon. Key for Returns Lot

Should we run them in batch or Ad-hoc. What would be situations under which we should run them in batch?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Batch or online is acceptable.  These are run when payments are not processed fully in a timely manner, especially around period-end closing, when the original recon keys need to be transferred to the general ledger.  Also search the help for information on other uses of these programs.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Batch or online is acceptable.  These are run when payments are not processed fully in a timely manner, especially around period-end closing, when the original recon keys need to be transferred to the general ledger.  Also search the help for information on other uses of these programs.

0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick response. So really this program does not have to be in daily batch. Am I right?

We can run it on ad-hoc basis, I guess.

As this creates new recon keys, what if we have already transfered old recon keys using FPG1M?

0 Kudos

Payments and returns are posted to the original key.  If all payments post to contract accounts, then the original key can be transferred.  If payments go to clarification or other errors occur, then the original key is still open and cannot be transferred.  those programs enable the original key to be closed, and transferred.  The programs generate new keys for any open lots.  Usage depends on business needs.

0 Kudos

HI William,

The is really helpful answer. Exactly what I needed. Thank you very much.