cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when trying to connect with IDT to SAP ERP 6 after Upgrade to SP03

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

we just upgrade our BI platform to SP03. Now, when I am trying to create a relational connection to an ERP source system with the Jco driver in the Information Design Tool, I get the following error message:

"Fail to create an instance of Job : com/businessobjects/i18n/locale/BoLocale"

When I am testing already existing relational connections to ERP systems this error message also appears. HANA and BW connections still work fine.

Has anyone a solution?? Please support me.

Best regards

Stephan Bucher

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are on BI 4.1 SP3 patch 3, still same issue..

Uninstalled and reverted back with SP2 where i don't see this issue

former_member193452
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This issue is currently fixed for release 4.1,

SP 3.3, 4.1 and SP5

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2022008

regards,

Jacqueline

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is still an issue in BI 4.1 SP4. We abandoned the upgrade and instead are going for BI 4.1 SP3 patch 3.

eric_gilbert
Explorer
0 Kudos

Count us in too!

FWIW - you can still save the CR to the Server and it will execute from the Launchpad. (workaround)

brian_bogart
Explorer
0 Kudos

Eric,

Thanks for the workaround, it worked for me also.  Never thought to try that after Crystal gives you the query error!

Regards,

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi verybody,

I face same problem when I install BOBI platform (enterprise) 4.1 SP3 freshly. When I try to connect an ERP source with Jco driver, system raise error:

"Fail to create an instance of Job : com/businessobjects/i18n/locale/BoLocale"

I'm a afraid that is a production error. Did you report this error to SAP?

Please support me also.

Thanks and best regards,

Tuan Anh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tuan Anh,

I found an answer to this problem. Try to open the Information Design Tool and go to "Window -> Preferences -> Secured Connections". There you have to choose "Local Middleware". After choosing "Local Middleware" it the connection could be created.

Best regards,

Stephan

brian_bogart
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Stephan,

The local middleware selection allowed us to create the connection & the universe.  We're able to retrieve data in a query built in the IDT.  However, when we try to build a query in Crystal Reports for Enterprise (4.1.3) we received the "Fail to create an instance of Job : com/businessobjects/i18n/locale/BoLocale" error again.

Have you seen this behavior and/or found a work-around?

Regards,

Brian Bogart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Brian,

we have the same error when trying to connect to the universe with Design Studio 1.3. We already reported an error message to SAP. As far as I can see this is an error within the BO 4.1 SP 03. We have a BO system running on 4.1 SP 02 and there both the connection creation within IDT and the receiving of the data within a query works without any problems.

Regards,

Stephan Bucher

brian_bogart
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Stephan,

Thanks for your reply.  We later found SAP note 2022008 which appears relevant.  We've opened an Incident with SAP requesting an update on their progress.  I'll update this thread when we hear something from SAP.

Regards,

Brian

brian_bogart
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

SAP responded to our message.  The resolution is targeted for 4.1 SP03 Patch 3.  This is planned to be released in the second week of July (as always subject to change).  They also stated they have no workaround at this time.

Regards,

Brian

eric_gilbert
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks!