cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ME Netweaver - Bypass user login with a additional ID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am new to ME, I have one scenario where the SAP ME user login/password has to be bypassed with an additional ID (EX: Access code). This additional ID field should also be visible in the Login page, Is it possible through customization, If Yes, can you please provide the procedure for the same.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Manoja

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182330
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

SAP ME uses standard NW authentication model and I've never heard that additional access code authentication is possible except RSA SecurID. Check out the document:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90328843-c207-2f10-1686-fff928b2a...

Regards,

Konstantin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Manoja,

As soon as SAP ME relies on NW UME, if you want to customize NW logon screen, I guess you should ask this at NW-related forum. And I've heard about such projects.

As concerns SAP ME, there was a customization for some customer about using badge scanner for Clock In. Please see the details about Clock In functionality here:

Clock In and Clock Out - SAP Manufacturing Execution (SAP ME) - SAP Library

Setting Up Labor Tracking for Clock-In at and Before Logon - SAP Manufacturing Execution (SAP ME) - ...

Regards,

Sergiy

0 Kudos

Hi Manoja,

There is no standard functionality to add some additional 'access code' or password. But what is the point to do this? Maybe adding user to appropriate User Groups in ME and providing permissions to those groups as well as using Certification functionality of ME can be sufficient for you.

Regards,

Alex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your immediate reply, there is a need that the user will scan the id and based on the id which is internally mapped with user name and password and should direct the user to his allocated POD. Is this possible with standard functionalit or do we need to do the customization?

Thanks

Manoja

0 Kudos

Hi Manoja,

I think you will need a customization since there is no such standard functionality of ME.

In addition to the material Konstantin provided, I would recommed to read about ME Login module stack in the Security guide and this wiki.

Regards,

Alex.