Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different sales area in contract & sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have following requirement

Can i use a contract created for a particular sales area as a reference to create sales order for a different sales area in standard ? If yes, how can i do this. If not can you suggest me a suitable option to achieve this.

Business reason :- To use global contracts for local sales orders.

Thanks

Rama

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You cannot refer contract created in one sales area to Sales order in another sales area.

There is a standard code put to check the sales area of reference document with target document

if both are not equal , system will not allow to proceed further

This is standard behaviour

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

But what is the process if i have to achieve the said scenario ? To say again, requirement is to create a sales order from contract of a different sold-to & different sales area.

If anybody has experienced the same, kindly let me know how to achieve this.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Different sold to is possible but not different sales area. Different sales area is strange and I never came across such requirement. But if in your business scenario it is necessary then you can give it a try.

I think you should try by creating your own routine by copying a standard one. Just look at this following document and take help of your ABAPER. Ask him to bypass the sales area checks and make them warning messages or do nothing if sales area is different. We do this in VOFM and I hope your ABAPER is aware of it.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Actually, we tried this but system is still not allowing as there are many other additional checks happening in standards. After copy routine execution completes standard code is getting executed & its not allowing to proceed.

Rama

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

When you will assign your own routine then there will be no standard coding in this routine. If there is any then you have to bypass all those checks. There is no other way to get this done. Only routines are the area where you can play.

Thank$