cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM expression

Former Member
0 Kudos

Below is the requirement:

1. Customer data will be created in ECC and will be me moved to MDM.

2. The requirement is when a customer is created a company code XXXX and is imported to MDM then set the approval status field as 'A'

3. If customer data is changed in ECC end fro company code XXXX and is imported to MDM don't change the approval status.

4. We are not able to differentiate between create and update from ECC end. Every time it sends the same set of data to MDM.

5. Now to differentiate between a create and update we have crated a expression of validation. This will validate and then we have a assignment.

Both of these are called in a work flow.

6. We are not able to correctly write the validation expression. Company code is a Tuple field in my case.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mirnmoy ,

Actually I dont want to use timestamp.

I belive it can cause performance issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prakash,

You can use Create Timestamp in Tuple. On creation of Company code use Assignment status field as 'A'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can use "branch" step of workflow, where you can give the validation like, if[customer_status = new, true, false).

and you can have two branches, if "new" then run assignment Approval Status as 'A',  if "updated" dont run ant assignment on Approval Status field.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

can u plz give a brief syntax of code .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't have access to Data Manager at the moment.

But your validation will go like this,

Assuming fields names,

Customer_Status as 'New' or 'Updated' which will be flowing from ECC.

Approval_Status

First you need to create a validation will be on Customer_Status field.

Validation Expression: IF(Customer_Status = 'New' , TRUE, FALSE).

This validation will pass the record only if new customer is created in ECC i.e when Customer_Status field is 'New'.

You will use this validation in branch step of work flow to split the workflow into two branches i.e one for new and other for updated customer.

Now, in the branch for "New" customer you will add an assignment to update Approval_Status field.

Assignment Expression:[A].

Regards,

Message was edited by: Ankit Negi