Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grouping materials in one WBS element

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I'm facing this scenario.

I have a project defined as non-valuated stock. It has several WBS elements. One of this WBS element has one network with an activity with a component, that has a BOM.

When I launch MRP everything is generated correctly. All the purchase requisitions and planned orders are assigned to this WBS element.

Is it possible to change the assignment (Changing the WBS element) maintaining the requirements in the original WBS??

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I understood correctly you want to change the assigned WBS element in MRP generated in PR and Planned orders.

You can change the account assignment on those PRs /Planned orders but then MRP might generate those again as reservations are generated for the said WBS element. So it is not advisable to change it.

If you want to use grouping of the requirements, then you need to go to 'valuated stock with requirement grouping.

Regards,

Mahendra

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When MRP executes, it always consider account assignsment of NWA referenced WBS element. Even if you change it manully, whenever you run MRP, system automatically changes back to orginal WBS element.

One more think, whenever you set up a BOM, BOM represent the required component hierarchially to complete an assembly for example Feed Pump or Generator.

Practially it is not advisable to have the Multiple Account assignment as this leads to posting of cost at different WBS elements instead of one WBS as expected for BOM items. however we can change for invidually procured items.

Thanks,

Sudhakar