Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration - Methodology

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Need inputs for one appoach :-

There is a client, they have purchased PI with one license . And not using presently.

There are 2-3 non SAP systems which are need to integrate with SAP. 

Some of non SAP person giving solution to client that provide XML or .csv files at shared location where SAP ABAP program read it.

IS it Correct Methodology to do the Integration with third party systems.

Kindly suggest .

Thanks...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks All for your suggestion.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anshul,

PI comes with a few very nice communication layers.

From my personal experience I would try and stay away from files because they can be changed manually before sending.

Please see the scenario's below.

Webservice - IDoc

Webservice - Proxy

And then you also get JDBC and also JMS which you can use if they have the tech.

If you really do need to go with Files - Then make use of the SAP Standard SFTP adapter that can be installed by the basis team.

The SFTP adapter just makes it a little bit more secure.

Good Luck,

Jannus Botha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anshul,

in my experience, the best criterion is the frequency of the interface. If it is used daily or even monthly, I'd rather go for PI because of better monitoring. If they need this once a year the effort to build a PI interface is probably not worth it.

I try to avoid file integration wherever possible because of possible manipulation, uncontrolled data loss, bad monitoring on file systems etc.

Regards,

Jörg

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anshul,

There are a lot of kind of communication with SAP PI like middleware. To use files is not worse to use for example a web-service communication for example.  In my opinion all depends if the amount of data is large the to use files is better, however for synchronous communication is better to use the SOAP adapter adapter and to use the PI scenario like webservices to the third-party tools.

Respecting to your answer, it's correct to use files but you can get better performance or better reusability depending of each scenario characteristics.

Regards.