java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Unsupported major.minor version 50.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

i am new to webdynpro java.

i went through the blog Web Dynpro Tutorial: Hello World

i have installed NWDS71 and the jdk used is jdk1.5

added a sap pi system with version pi7.1

on deploying the web dynpro hello world application, it asks for pi system's login details and then after i provide it, it shows that the deployment is successful.

on IE, when it tries to open the web dynpro application, it is showing error - java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Unsupported major.minor version 50.0

i have searched some threads on sdn, but they just had the suggestion to use jdk1.5, which i am already using.

pls tell how to resolve this error.

does it also depends on what jdk the PI7.1 system is installed on? does it depend on the java version, which the browser is using to display it - if yes, then how to know which java version is getting used in IE, as initially i had Java6 on my system and now i have installed jdk1.5 with jre 1.5 from the installation file jdk-1_5_0_17-windows-i586-p.exe .

thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

-vm

C:\yourjdk1.5\bin\javaw.exe

put this in ini file located in your nwds folder

Former Member
0 Kudos

i just found out that PI7.1 system is running on jdk1.4.2 - so does this mean i will have to use NWDS7.0 with jdk1.4.2 to get the web dynpro application running? if this is the case, then NW7.1 of PI7.1 will or will not have an issue with NWDS7.0? please tell. thanks in advance.

already have that -vm statement in my .ini file.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1.4? how you find out that?