Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC-File_RFC scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on PI 7.31 dual stack.

We have a scenario where RFC will send a reqest them after some manipulations in message mapping we have to write a file in a folder and once the file in written we have to send a response back to RFC in same call.

Could you please help, how can we design it.

Thanks

Shivi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use an RFC to RFC scenario for this. In your target RFC, code it in such a way that it writes a file in a folder.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I was trying to follw this approach.

Request from backend to read file | SCN

Thanks

Shivi

Former Member

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shivi

I have gone through the link you have provided as the correct answer. I have two doubts regarding the approach.

1. How you are mapping the file to the RFC response structure? When the sender file adapter pick up the file, it will have the input structure in it but the RFC response needs to be mapped with file output structure.

2. Since we are picking up the same file which has been written to the target application and deleting in on the sender file adapter poll, how this approach will be applicable in real life scenarios.

We will never want that the target file gets deleted.

Can you please help me to understand how did you solved these two problems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shivi

The problem will be because of the file adapter in the receiver end. It will not be able to work in synchronous way.

The same would be not possible even if we use BPM as the file adapter will not be able to send back the response to BPM.

You have to split it in two different scenarios if you want any response back.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yada,

You can do a RFC-RFC scenario and in the mapping time to do a file lookup like this wiki shows: File Lookup in UDF - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

Regards.