cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output giving error message update was terminated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Question: Do we need to maintian the Logical destination(Printer name) for the output type which is created with Medium 5?

I have created the output type with transmission medium 5 communication strategy is maintained as CS01,its determining correctly in the docuemnt.

Now the issue

IF I open the sale order/Invoice and select the ouput (Which was determined with medium 5) click on communication method and I have not maintained any communication menthod(Printer name) because transmission medium is 5after saving and I am trying open the transaction SOST I am geeting popup with update termination error

Note: if I maintain printer name in communication method i am not getting any error message.

My question for transmission medium which is having communication stratege CS01 no need to mtaintain printer name, why I am getting this error.

Please check and help to solve this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

MK.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Printer name is needed because it's used to format the form. Even for the emails PDF needs to be somehow formatted and it would depend on the device type settings. E.g. if two printers have different margins then the form would look differently on those two printers.

It's a good practice to maintain printer name in the output condition records and also maintain a default printer in all the user IDs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jelena,

IF we set the Fax (Transmisstion medium 2) without  printer name output triggered sucessfully, for transmission medium why we shuld give, could you please clarify.

Thanks & Regards,

MK.

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Go to SM13 and ST22 for a further research.

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Eduardo,

In SM13 I can see the error message TD 356(Maintain an output device in your user master record) then issue if we don't maintaint the logical destination (printer name), bu if give LOCL its not giving any error.

My question if the output type created with transmission medium 5 why we should givem the printer name?

Thanks & Regards,

MK

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

According this message you have blanks in the definition of your printer device (see it in SE91). Please, check it.

Regards

Eduardo

PD: Please, see also SAP Note 454893 - CHECKLISTSD: Sales document output as an e-mail.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

transmission medium = 5

why we should givem the printer name?

For transmission medium - 5, you don't require printer, whereas, you need Communication strategy. Try WEBM - Send external mail.

Thanks, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Praksah,

Communication strategy CS01 is already available still we are getting this issue.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can have look on SAP Note suggested to earlier by Eduardo.

But, I would suggest you to try standard Communication strategy WEBM, instead CS01.

Thanks, JP