cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the same SSL cert in J2EE as in ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a CRM system that will have https listeners both on the abap and the J2EE side. I was wondering if anyone has had any success with creating a SSL cert request in ABAP and getting it signed and imported and then using the same SSL cert on the J2EE side. I know from the docs that it is possible to import a PKCS12 file that is essentially the private key and cert of the ABAP stack but have only been able to get the system to ask for certs in the signing chain and eventually tell me that its invalid. I have tried a PKCS12 that has both the private key/cert combination as well as the private key +cert + full signing chain and nothing seems to work. I was wondering if anyone has had any success with this or if people generally just pay for a second cert for the same server.

Thanks,

Ben

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are facing the same problem here. We have a couple of systems (ABAP and Java) running on one physical machine and we are trying to get them all set up using the same certificate. By now we were not really successful in importing the key & certificate that we created in ABAP into the Java system.

Is this in general possible or do we need a different approach (individual certificates for each system)?

Thanks in advance,

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would have to say no. You have two WAS's here.

You may want to look into self signed certificates if you are not going over the internet and you just need SSL.