cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diagnostics agent not getting registered in Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Experts,

I am using Solution Manager 7.1 SP Stack 12. I installed diagnostics agent on one of the managed systems and fired the command below for registering it in Solution manager (since I did not do this during diag agent installation):

/usr/sap/DAA/SMDA<instance no>/script/smdsetup.sh managingconf hostname:"sapms://<FQDN of Solman>" port:"81<instance no of Solman>" user:"smd_admin" pwd:"<password"

This command returned successful message. However, when I login to Solution manager and go to Agent administration, I am unable to see the above managed system diagnostics agent. Please help.

Thanks & Regards,

Kunal.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

Please restart the diagnostics agent and then check status in solution manager system.

Regards,

Kavitha

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your help...Finally the issue was resolved by registering the SMD agent to Solman as well as SLD using script smdsetup.sh. Also, I had to assign servername to the SMD agent.

But I still have one confusion. The http port of solman I used to configure was 8103 (I observed this for other systems SMD agents in file runtime.properties) and instance number of Solman was not 03!!

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

Goto the /usr/sap/<SID>/SCS<X>/work directory.

open the dev_ms file and checked the port for MS.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SMD connects to the Java instance of your SolMan, so it will not be the same instance number as your ABAP instance.

hasanajsh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am using Solution Manager 7.1 SP Stack 12

Is there any SP12 yet?

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, there is not.  Stack 11 is the most recently out.  I think Kunal probably means Basis sp12, which is part of stack 8.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Right

VJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

It seems that Diagnostics Agent not registered against the SLD, the recommendation is to only register agents against Solution Manager's message server as mentioned in attachment of note 1365123

Also check:

1855744 - Creating Introscope Agent Connector fails at

Thanks

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal

If restarting the agent does not solve (as Kavitha here rightfully suggested),

Know that some old versions of Diag agents had issues with reconnecting to SOLMAN 7.1

Please make sure you use the latest version of diag agent.

Don't hesitate to completely uninstall the current, install the latest version and register in solman during the setup.

If you want to investigate it further i would also suggest to check the logs under /usr/sap/DAA/SMDA<instance no>/work for errors\issues.

Regards

Adi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adi,

Thanks for the reply. I found the below SMDSystem.7.log at location /usr/sap/DAA/SMDA98/SMDAgent/log

****************************************************************************************

Apr 24, 2014 1:21:05 PM [Thread[Connector,5,main]                     ] Error      Failed to connect to SMD server - user: smd_admin

Apr 24, 2014 1:21:05 PM [Thread[Connector,5,main]                     ] Warning    Connecting to SMD server ms://<hostname>/P4 failed - error counter: 1690 - com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NamingException: Exception while trying to get InitialContext. [Root exception is com.sap.engine.interfaces.cross.DestinationException: there are no access points for service: P4 registered on the message server]

****************************************************************************************

Regards,

Kunal.