cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table that stores distribution of planned effort for resources

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

We are using BI/BO to report on resource planing in PPM. What is the source table that stores the monthly distribution of effort for each resource. For example, I staff resource A to a role from Jan to Jun. I then go to the role, staffing tab and assign by month the number of hours. For example, 100 hours in Jan, 150 in Feb, 60 in Mar and so on. What is the table (or standard BI data source) that stores this monthly distribution for staff/resource. I looked at the extractor 0DPR_PART_BUPA_LINK which seem to only have the totals.

Thanks,

Lashan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Lashan!

The distribution values are stored in following tabels:

• DPR_PART_DIST
  • DPR_BUPA_DIST

DPR_PART_DIST holds the information regarding the distributed role demands. For each distribution (month, week) there is an entry with begin date and end date (ENDDA, BEGDA) with the value DIST_WORK_EFFORT.

DPR_BUPA_DIST holds the information regarding the distributed BUPA staffing. The behaviour is the same like DPR_PART_DIST.

Unfortunately the BI extractor 0DPR_PART_BUPA_LINK does not bring up the distributed data you entered manually. However the extrator will deliver distributed data but only linear distributed data.

Look at this example:

Data is distributed accross September and October with values of 4 and 5 hours. SAP Standard gives you an "assigned effort" of 9 hours. The "Start Date" and "End Date" of the staffing is derived from project role (and again from project definition) by entering a manual distribution. It is not nice to decouple (calculated) role-dates from project dates by manually entering values - but lets keep this issue away now.

You will expect the monthly distributed data of 4 H and 5 H by doing an extrator-check with RSA3 for

0DPR_PART_BUPA_LINK. Instead of this behaviour the extractor delivers the sum of 9 H distributed linear to the time frame "01.09.2013 - 03.03.2014".

In my opinion SAP has to enhance the extractor (or deliver a new one) to get the manual distributed values to BI reports. According to my information you have to do an enhancement at this time.

Best regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Peter. Your answer was extremely helpful and confirmed that the fact that we need to build a custom extractor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hans-Peter,

Do you know if SAP did anything to "fix" this? I'm looking for a way to extract demand per role per month (also with manual input like your example) and staffing as well.

br,

Morten

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello there,

any updates on this issue?

Kind regards,

Max

0 Kudos

Hello Max and Morten,

as far as I know nothing was changed for the distribution behavior in PPM 6.1 as well as no new or enhanced extractor for the distribution.

Since we are on PPM 6.1 I will look into this issue again and I will reply to this message.

br,

Peter

0 Kudos

*already resolved*

Hello Hans-Peter,

thanks for your effort.

I have one more question regarding the table DPR_BUPA_DIST. What represents the GUID in there. It is defnitly not the PPM BusinessPartner Guid from our BW MasterData.

On the other hand the Guid of the table DPR_PART_DIST is clearly the CPR_ROLE Guid from our BW MasterData.

Have you any information on that?

Thanks again!

Kind regards,

Max

*already resolved*

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

THanks for your reply on this. I have an additional question.

Where can I find the table that holds the availability for each BP per period like we have it in the FES Resource Overview?

Br,

Morten

0 Kudos

Hi Morton,

the availabilities of BUPAs are stored in table RPM_BUPA_AVL. The availability per period for the FES is calculated (on the fly) due to your customizing (calendar, etc...) and project maintenance.

Have a look to's very helpful post at https://scn.sap.com/message/15679030#15679030

br,

Peter