Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Netweaver Application Java Server: certificate update

fanglin_ye
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

we are using SAP Netweaver Application Java Server 7.02 für UCES. On the server is SSL enabled. Now the ssl certificate is expired. Using the follewing commands i have updated our certificate:

1. sapgenpse get_pse -p SAPSSLS.pse -x <password> -r <SID>.req -onlyreq

2. sapgenpse import_own_cert -p SAPSSLS.pse -x <password> -c <SID>.cer [-r <ROOT-Zertifikat>.cer]

At first i created a certificate request and then i imported the new certifiacate based on the request. After that i opened the browser and tried to surfen the UCES web page, the old certificate is always there. Could some tell me, what is that problem? thx.

best regards,

Fanglin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Fanglin,

Hope you are doing good.

You should be able to delete the old certs:
Configuring the SSL Key Pair and Trusted X.509 Certificates - Network and Transport Layer Security -...

For the standard guide, check

Configuring the Use of SSL on the J2EE Engine - SAP NetWeaver by Key Capability - SAP Library

Hope this helps.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Kind Regards,

Hemanth

fanglin_ye
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

the problem was resolved. But i met a new problem. UCES web application is working using internet explorer on Windows XP per https, but not work on Windows 7. Could someone tell me why? My college guess, maybe the ssl/tls version is too old. Because we are using SAP Netweaver Java Application Server 7.02. How can i find out, which ss/tls version the UCES-Server is using? thx.

best regards,

Fanglin

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fanglin

What is the version IE & Is it windows 7 64 Bit with IE 11 ?

If it yes, kindly follow the setting as mention in the below SCN link

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, you would have to upgrade to NetWeaver 7.3 or higher including upgrading to UCES 6.35. The problem is the Java Runtime, which does not support TLS using Java 1.4x. You will need Java 6 (1.6) to get TLS 1.0 support. Depending on the vendor version of Java 6 you get also TLS 1.1 and 1.2 support. Beginning of Java 7+ you will have TLS 1.1 and 1.2 always included, but such version is not available without upgrade to NetWeaver 7.5 (=> Java 8).

Answers (0)