cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Rule Collection is not working for themes after upgrade to 7.4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Recently we upgraded our portal server to SAP EP 7.4 SP05. After upgrade, the themes are not loaded based on the portal rule collection. Whatever the rule collection we specify, the portal loads the custom theme we have created.

The hierarchy of the rules, permissions seems to be fine.

We have also cleared the navigation, pcd cache but still facing the same issue.

Please let me know if you have any resolution for this or faced the issue yourself.

Thank you.

Regards

Rakesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193577
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

In master rule collection you indeed configure the rules for displaying desktops, according to priority top down - 1st rule that apply.

In the desktop that fits the rule, make sure the desired theme is selected as default. (as there can be more than 1 theme in desktop).

More on master rule collection:

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/48/1d5cfe71364269e10000000a421937/content.htm?frameset...

Best Regards,

Tal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you for your suggestions. But it seems to be an issue with corrupted standard themes after migration to NW 7.4. We are following with SAP for this issue.

@Noel: I tried as you suggested. The ur part gets changed but the portal theme remains the same. Some weird things happening

Will update once it gets fixed.

Thanks

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

We deleted the server "sap.com" folder at the server level and restarted the server. The themes got recreated. The issue is resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had the same problem and resolved it using this solution.  Thanks very much.

(we renamed the folder first to check that it was actually rebuilt during the startup process, which it was)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RakeshVarman,

We have the same issue, portal upgrade to 7.02 to 7.4 , For few user Ajax theme is not working, When we copy the user having the issue and created a new user for them it is working fine.

But my doubt why is not working for the current user only while copying the user it is working but logon id will be different.

I have checked all the personalization and cleared all cache as well

kindly provide your input ,client is forcing as to has ajax them.

I have checked with standard ajax theme itself , same issue persist in that too.

Thanks

Sundar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sundar

If its working for some users and not others, it might be a temporary server issue or might be an authorization issue.

Try restarting the server after any theme changes.

Also check whether the permissions at the root level has everyone group on it.

Regards

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Glad it resolved your issue.

nol_hendrikx
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try to launch the portal with /irj/portal?theme=sap_tradeshow (or some other theme). Does that work?

Also when you try it, close your browser completely beforehand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you sure you are editing the right object? The correct one is pcd:portal_content/administrator/super_admin/main_rules.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Samuli Kaski. I am editing the above mentioned rule collection but still issue persists.

The framework page changes based on the rule collection but the themes are not changing.

It seems weird.

Former Member
0 Kudos

With display rules you assign portal desktops which contain a framework page and one or more portal themes. Make sure the portal theme is in included in the portal desktop. Do you have multiple themes in the portal desktop?