cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction type BID error when creating PO from RFX response

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am in SRM 7.02, Classic scenario.

I am trying to create a PO from an accepted RFX response. But I am getting an error.

Scenario--> Standalone RFX-->RFX response-->RFX response accepted-->create PO

When I click on "Simulate and create PO" button, I am getting the following error:

I checked the transaction type settings, and all seems to be fine

The number range is set as internal in SRM system and external in ECC system (as per the requirement).

Please advise as to what configuration correction is to be effected.

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Error is resolved now. The system was trying to create Local PO. Applied SAP note 1977542.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I tried all your suggestions, but still getting same error. Any other thoughts please?

Thanks for your help!

wendy_xu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

With the settings mentioned above correctly configured, it should be able to work.

From the error, it seems the system is trying to use "BID" as the transaction type of your follow-on document.

Maybe you could debug the process by setting a BP at FM BBP_BID_TRANSFERED_PO_CREATE, and FM BBP_PDC_PROCTYPE_GETDETAIL, and then go into program to check why an incorrect transaction type is assigned.

Regards,
Wendy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Wendy,

I debugged the process at BBP_BID_TRANSFERED_PO_CREATE. There the Process type is hardcoded as "BID", which I have changed now.

With that change, I am not getting the transaction type error, however I am still getting the "Number range 01 does not exist" error.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks for all your help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra

What settings have you maintained in the following 2 places

sap implementation guide --> cross applictaion componenets--> sap business partner -->business partner -->Basic settings -->Number Ranges and Groups

1 --> define number rangers

2 --> Define Groups and Assign Number Ranges

alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

These are the settings maintained in the two places:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra

I assume you have the Strategic Sourcing config guide and you have followed it....

update the post as per Robins request.

In PPOSA_BBP  --> Transaction type: Description. Value-->ZXXXX. this entry ZXXXX

this entry ZXXXX should also be in your  Trasaction type follow on documents as shown by screen shot from robin above.

in SAP Supplier Relationship Management > SRM Server > Cross-Application Basic Settings > Define Transaction Types  

these two entires  values (ZXXXX) should be the same.

alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Robin it´s right, also check in ppoma_bbp the attributes.

Regards

robin_janke
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please maintain the follow on document for the rfx type (BUS2200) in the same transaction where you made your screenshots for. Enter here the order type you want to create.

Regards,

Robin