cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Satellite system connection to Solman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, SolMan experts!

I have a difficulty with satellite system connection to Solman 7.1. SP08.

The RFC works well, I made an entry in BCOS_CUST table and therefore the tickets from satellite ERP go to our Solman Service Desk.

The only problem is all the system data in such a message is missing because of lack of/incorrect system configuration in solman_setup --> managed systems and installed base (via ib_gen). I can not find a guide that I could easily follow (I have no BASIS knowledge, but I am requested to configure this connection and I have no BASIS expert in a Team).

I guess the configuration might not be that difficult. If you can think of any steps necessary, please share. I will be very grateful.

With best regards,

Katarzyna Klys

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member541232
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Katarzyna,

You can goto SOLMAN_SETUP / Basic Configuration / Step 8 "Maintain Systems in IBase", here you can create ibase components for LMDB systems.

I don't think complete error free managed system configuration is required in case of service desk, so try executing mentioned above step.

Regards,

AD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ash,

thank you for your response. I have entered SOLMAN_SETUP but in the 8th step of Basic Configuration I can only see this (none of rest of steps is "Maintain Systems in IBase):

Once again thank you for your interest and looking forward to any further clues...

Regards,

Katarzyna

former_member541232
Participant
0 Kudos

My apologies, that was for SP10, you will find ibase creation action in step 5 "configure automatically" for SP08

Regards,

AD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ash,

Unfortunately, in the fifth step I have found this (no iBase creation..):

The thing is: how can the system create an iBase if there is nothing to create from?

I mean, do we need as VAR to maintain the customer's system data somewhere in our Service Marketplace in order to make it available to "download from OSS"? Otherwise, how can it be done?

Best regards,

Katarzyna

former_member541232
Participant
0 Kudos

Katarzyna,

Please locate below highlighted activity in basic configuration and execute,

P.S. screen shot of Solman 7.1 SP08

Regards,

AD

VJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also check:

1830196 - IBase Component not found / IBase missing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vikram,

thank you very much for your hints. Unfortunately, those notes are not helping.

It's not a matter of creating several msg at the same time (note 1623297) or additional entries in BCOS_CUST (note 1830196) etc etc...

My problem is the IBase is not determined at all because I have no idea how to start the process correctly - SMSY is not a good idea anymore, I should start with LMDB I guess.

Anybody has a step-by-step hint how to get all the system data from the managed system (e.g. from OSS) and how to establish a correct iBase?

Best regards,

Katarzyna

VJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Katarzyna,

Please check the following notes:

1623126 - Help -> Create Support Message: System data

1623297 - "Help" -> "Create Support Message": Incorrect system data

1145514 - Creating support message, message type

1133242 - Support message created with incorrect SAP status

Also check:

Application Incident Management:New features in SAP Solution Manager 7.1

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-27645

And

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SAPITSM/Configuration+and+Administration+of+ITSM

Thanks

Vikram