cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RZ20: how to create status attribute for monitoring object ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am brand new into RZ20 maintenance and my question may be silly.

Anyway, SAP supplies monitoring objects customized with performance attribute (such as MTE class SAPconnect Error). Instead of having such performance attribute, I would prefer to have a MTE class with status attribute in order to trigger an alert each time a there is a SAPconnect message with error.

Is it possible to define such status attribute ? If so, how could it be achieved ?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Fabrice

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Fabrice,

the monitoring object and its attributes are defined by the data collector. This means the attributes are hard coded (in the function module or report in case of data collection method (a passive data collector) of directly in the kernel (an active data collector).

And as long as the data collector is delivered by SAP, changing the coding is not a good idea

So only way would be to create your own monitoring objects using your own data collector. A documentation how to do this is available in the Service MarketPlace: "<a href="http://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700001752571999E/SUPPLIER_46A_EN_Neu.pdf">How to Write a Data Supplier for the Alert Monitor</a>".

Regards, Michael

Answers (0)