Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storing IDs - Own Database Table on PO

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i m working with PO 7.31 Sp 11 Java Only.

I ve got the requirement to check if an incoming message is using an already used message id (a field value, it is not the PI message id!).

I think there is no other way than to create an own database table, right?

So - i would store each id and do for each new message a select and check if it was already in use. So far kind of simple.

But i m on Java only!

How can i access the PO data base (from mapping or BPM)?

I considered to access an external DB, may be a SAP system, to make the things easy. But then i would need to implement a logon procedure (a lookup using a Communication Channel) - i m concerned that each message might get postponed by +-5 seconds, what would not be accepted by the end customer.

Does anybody have experience in that?

How long will a look up to SAP system and a simple distinced select to a simple table of some million entries take?

Does anybody have a better approach for me?

/Udo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Udo -

I had similar requirement but i used the DB look up(external) as there was another application which uses that table.

And of course it might take additional 5+seconds to execute the DB call but it was not a concern as we were dealing with few transaction in a day..

However i found this thread in my archive which talks about accessing java tables using UDF.. Have a look into it if it helps..

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo

If you use PO database, then you can call the database either by directly opening a JDBC connection using java or using a JDBC adapter.

I think you can go for the RFC look up. Create a simple ztable in ECC which will store the message id's.

Write a simple function module in ECC with the select query and call that function module in PI.

Give it a try and see if it takes longer time or not.

If takes long time, then you can try the other approach.