cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing structure to ESR

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

I am in PI 7.1. I have a file to AII scenario. The file server guys gaveme the xsd. I need to two mappings for the target. depending on the value of one field I have to use one of the mappings. I am planning to use multiple operations in single inbound interface.

So for using this , is it better to create Data Type and MT or just import the xsd as external definition?

If I use it as an external definition, I can diretly start with message mapping right?

Which is better practise to use ED or DT?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika,

If the structure is readily available via external definition, it is best to use it. The reason for this is that the fields in the external definition are already defined and accepted by the provider. If you create it using data types/message types, you still have to consult with them about data type, length, restrictions, etc.

By default, if there is no structure given or is available, use data type/message type.

Hope this helps,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have to select category as xsd. Then what option should I take for messages. I have three here

From all acailable global elements
Do not extract
From all unreference Global elements

Also the xsd has all fields mandatory. All fields have occurence 1 while many are optional in mapping document. In PI it will throw error as some may not come at all. What to do about those fields?

former_member182455
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can select from all available globale elements.

Regards

srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Select the default one which is From all available global elements.

You can change the XSD manually to change the occurrence from 1:1 to 0:1.

The best way would be disable the fields in message mapping. Just right click on field and choose disable.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do I change the xsd manually after it's being imported to PI?

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika,

Since the fields are mandatory, use the context functions in message mapping to ensure that the fields are always populated e.g mapWithDefault, useOneAsMany, etc. Or you can ask the file server guys to provide you with an updated XSD that is in line with your documentation.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You have to do it before you to import it in PI.

But I will suggest you do not change the xsd , just disable the field which are not going to be mapped in PI.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika

Always use XSD when available because it will have lot of time and reduces the chances of manual mistakes.

former_member182455
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can use XSD.

you can import the XSD through ED and create the service interface.

Than Mapping

Regards

srinivas