cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW 7.4 ESR/IB - unable to open - issue with Java Web Start

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not able to open SAP PI 7.4 ESR/IB on my machine. I updated Java to 1.7.0.55 which i see is the latest, but still issue exists. This is working for other team members.

I already tried deleting the files from javaws viewer and there is no lock on Admin tab->java web start.

Option "re-initialization and reinitialization force signing" is not enabled for me on my administration page, so cannot try this.

Already checked Troubleshooting PI ESR and Integration Builder Logon Issues - Process Integration - SCN Wiki (think, this is until 7.3)

My browser is IE9 on Windows7

Please help if there is a solution already known to this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Kumaran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Kumaran,

What is the error that you get when launching the ESR/IB?

Do you have all required patches as per the note 1959264 Java Applet Security Warnings for PI Dev Tools?

Regards
Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your response.

I get the below error when I try to open ESB/IB. To be clear, this issue is faced by me only and my team members are already accessing the same without issues. I guess something wrong with Java WebStart on my machine??.

Error: "Unable to launch the application"

Exception:

InvalidArgumentException[ Invalid arguments supplied: { }]

at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.Main.access$000(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Kumaran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kumar,

do you have more information regarding the error? In my case there was a second tab and a clearer exception in the message. It said something like "Application not signed by the same certificate". I had to change Java temporary file settings disabling storage of temporary files. Result is that you download the application every time you start ESR or ID, but this traffic is minimal. I mention this, because this is really a setting you have to perform on each single machine.

Regards,

Jörg

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Kumaran,

The InvalidArgumentException is a known bug from Oracle java - see https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8027818

The fix will be available publicly in JRE 7u60. The other releases which also contain the fix (7u51 b32 and 7u55 b31) are available via MOS, for customers with an Oracle support contract. Please refer to this note 1920326 Oracle JDK support agreement terminated, for more details.

The workaround in note 1911069 Workaround for issues launching the PI tools with Java 7, may work for you (it does not work in all cases).

Regards
Mark

Answers (0)