cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Client is very slow with windows 8 Pro 64 bit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I'm currently using Win8 Pro 64bit OS and SAP 7.30 PL3 am facing a slow performance compared to my old Win 7 system with 7.20,

Actually i upgraded one of my users OS with Win8 ( previously it was Win7 32 bit ) after that SAP started giving issues i tried 7.20 with PL 14 and 7.30 with PL 3 but both are hanging while the time of login...... means  after entering my credentials it will take more than one min for loading my data. In the same time other windows 7 systems with 7.20 pl 10 is taking maximum of 2 sec for loading the data, using the same credentials.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

Nikhil is from my SAP consultant team,

As per him we are using SAP ECC 6.0, is anybody facing any slow issue while working with ECC6.0 and Win 8. ??

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I doubt very much that your ECC release is the concern.  SAPGUI 7.30 is fully compatible (and recommended) with ECC 6.0.  We are using SAPGUI 7.30 with ECC 6.0 (EhP4) and NetWeaver 7.01 with no problems.

You will need to capture SAPGUI performance traces as Jude described earlier, and possibly open up an Incident (Customer Message) on the Service Marketplace (where Jude is likely to be the one to pick up the ticket!).

--Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

IT infrastructure team purchases laptops with inbuilt windows 8 for employees.

We are having ECC 6.0 only.

Previously employees having windows 7. All version of SAP GUI works very well on windows 7 with excellent performance.

SAP GUI works very slow on windows 8. IT team tried with latest SAP GUI still the performance issue persists.

for time being we are asking IT team to degrade OS from windows 8 to windows 7.

As we are having lower version of SAP Product i doubt its compatibility issue with sap release version ECC 6.0  and windows 8.

I have also checked in my same organization other team is having higher version ECC 6.0 EHP 5 on which any version of SAP GUI working fine irrespective of OS.

Request all of you to share your thoughts on this.

@Matt Tons of thanks for your reply and support.

Regards

Nikhil

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

As Matt stated,your ECC version is irrelevant.

We cannot assist you unless you provide the performance trace.

Please do so at your earliest convenience.

If you are stuck, let me know.

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jude, please find the attached trace log files from my windows 7 system and windows 8 system

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Nikhil.

Can you see here?

MAIN MODULE INFORMATION:
   SAP GUI for Windows
   SAP Logon Pad for Windows
   730 Final Release

SYSTEM INFORMATION:
   Operating system: Windows 8 Pro 6.2 (9200)

You are using patch 0 for Windows 8

Windows 8 is not supported until patch 1 or higher is applied, and for Windows 8.1, you must use

Patch 7 or higher,.

Apart from that the error is not from the GUI side,

See below:

Previous frontend interpretation time   :           109 ms

Previous server response time           :          5078 ms (for 1 roundtrips)

The frontend interpretation time is only 100 ms whereas the server time has taken 5000 ms

Please use a supported version for the OS you intend to use.

You can find this information in note

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/66971

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are having lower version for SAP Product ECC 6.0  .

Regards

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii all i consult with some  SAP consultant they said  there is some compatibility issue in  current SAP GUI and windows 8 thats why it is showing this kind of slow issue, so they suggest me to downgrade my OS.

What is your suggestion... !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

Raise a message with SAP and check on this before making any decison. They should be able to provide you with better soltuion rather than downgrading it.

Regards,

Deepanshu Sharma    

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

SAPGUI for Windows will work with Windows 8 as from patch 1 of 7.30

For Windows 8.1 patch 6 hotfix 1 is required.

There must be some other cause here.
What Antivirus software are you running?

To see if the SAPGUI actually has a performance issue,capture a performance trace - see note

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/851012

Be sure to capture this with an automation trace in parallel (check both boxes and run the trace on the same session)

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/158985

Jude

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are the performance problems only in SAP on the new Win8 system?  How does it compare to the Win7 system with other applications (Outlook, Office, etc)?  Have you tried using the Resource Monitor tool in Windows to see if you can spot anything?  I'm not sure on Win8, but in Win7 you can open this tool via Start... All Programs... Accessories... System Tools... Resource Monitor.  You can get very detailed information about which processes are using which network, disk, memory, and CPU resources.  It may be interesting to compare in realtime the network activity in SAPGUI between the Win7 and Win8 systems.

You also could consider monitoring the connection from the SAP server side, using ST03N.  Pull up Detailed Analysis... Last Minute's Load... <instance> and look at a recent 15-minute timeslice when both clients were active in SAP.  In the Analysis Views drill into User and Settlement Statistics... User Profile, and you'll have a list of all the users who were logged in during the timeslice.  Switch to the GUI times tab, find your two users and compare the numbers (and compare them to the average of everyone else on at the same time).  If your two users were running the same transactions in the same way, in theory the numbers should look similar.  From this you might see if one has extra processing time on the workstation, or extra network roundtrip time, etc.  It's not definitive, but might provide extra clues.

Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

yeah all the other applications are working smoothly only SAP has issue

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you also tried disabling a lot of the security items on Windows 8?

Firewall/UAC/local policies?

Based on your information it seems like you are having to send and receive numerous tcp handshakes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i tried to disable firewall and UAC but i didn't get you what Local policies you mean.... please help me to try that also

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Start button > Run > gpedit.msc   This will open up a new window with computer and user configurations, local policies are stored under Computer > Windows Settings > Security Settings  Local Policies (keep in mind I am looking on a Windows 7 system) also look around some of the other settings there.

I should also point out that policies can be pushed out via domain controllers if this system is bound to a Windows domain; maybe worth your time engaging your Windows Admins and see if a test can be done to a system with no group policies being pushed to the PC.

Another thought, while SAP no long maintains it they did have a BMC APR that would black box the computer having issues to a system and it would send its trace data into Solution Manager; with it no longer being supported I don't know how well it might play with the latest greatest SolMan SPs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried all the ways but still its is working very slow not only in one users system all the windows 8 systems are facing the same issue.....

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Manu,

Is this only with the initial loading of your user menu,or does it persist after this?

The fact that the issue occurs with different gui versions would point to something else.

Nevertheless,it's always advisable to use the latest gui patch before reporting an issue.

Download and install patch 8 hotfix 1 and advise if the issue still exists.

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jude,

First of all thanks for your advice, i updated my SAP GUI with 7.30 PL 8 & Hotfix 1 but still am facing the same issue. yeah the issue persists after login also when ever they tried to open some invoices and all.

But in the same time their old laptop is very fast within seconds it will load data..... its a windows 7 32 bit with 7.20