cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What can be monitored using Alert rule via Runtime workbench? Help!

gopalkrishna_baliga
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In the alert configuration in XI runtime workbench, there is something called Alert Rule. Under Alert Rule there are options where we can give sender/receiver interfaces, channel, etc.

What exactly we can monitor using this option?

If my receiver is another SAP R/3 system then using this can I send alert when the SAP R/3 is down?

Similary if my sender is also SAP R/3 then can I monitor if this system is down?

What more can we monitor with this?

Kindly help!

Thanks

Gopal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

it is used to define when alerts should be generated if their any error for that specified scenario or stituation.

if you configure the alert for ur sistuation when ECC is down you need a alert then it will raise alert.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Alert rule is not at all used for monitoring directly. it can act as a filter for your alert category. so first you must have created an alert category.

you can specify the sender/receiver party,service,interface and namespace in a alert rule after choosing a alert category.

you can also specify where you are expecting an error like integration engine or adapter engine

if you define an alert category with an alert rule, no restrictions then you will get all alerts for all sort of errors from all of your interfaces.

so by specifying an alert rule you are restricting an alert category that you created to a particular sender service or namespce etc..

to get step by step idea of how to create alerts see the below blogs

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--troubleshooting-guide

kind regards

francis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alert Rules are not for monitoring, rather they define when alerts should be generated. The conditions that you give in the Alert Rule, for example if you have givne the SENDER as SAP R/3 system, the if any message with the sender value as SAP R/3 fails in XI and an alert can be raised, it raises it.

If a message fails for which there is no matching alert rule, then alerts are not generated.

Thanks,

Renjith.