cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW 7.4 ESR/IB - unable to open - issue with Java Web Start

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not able to open SAP PI 7.4 ESR/IB on my machine. I updated Java to 1.7.0.55 which i see is the latest, but still issue exists. This is working for other team members.

I already tried deleting the files from javaws viewer and there is no lock on Admin tab->java web start.

Option "re-initialization and reinitialization force signing" is not enabled for me on my administration page, so cannot try this.

Already checked Troubleshooting PI ESR and Integration Builder Logon Issues - Process Integration - SCN Wiki (think, this is until 7.3)

My browser is IE9 on Windows7

Please help if there is a solution already known to this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Kumaran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope you are doing good.

Please see note 1614742 and make sure the settings are fine.
Also check:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/Troubleshooting+PI+ESR+and+Integration+Builder+Logon+Issues

If the issue persists, run the XPI inspector for more details.

Thank you and have a nice day :).

Kind Regards,

Hemanth

SAP AGS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemanth,

thanks for you inputs.

I already tried the link below and note 1614742. But both didn't help me

I am not sure if XPI inspector will help to find the issue as this is issue only on my machine.

Thank you

Kumaran

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gunasekaran,

Please let us know if the issue is resolved. We are also facing the same issue.

We tried what Flavio suggested, but it worked only for a day and after that ID stopped working. So we downgraded to Java 6 45, now i have issues connecting to both ESR and ID.

Please help

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is how my Java version looks. Strange!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sri Charan,

I played a lot with java versions and its security, couldn't make it work. Finally found a simple method and using the same now. Both ESR & ID works fine with Chrome browser on my machine. Only that you need to accept download of the startup file everytime.

Give a try.

Regards,

Kumaran

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try install the lower version of Java which is 1.6 version and try.

From 1.7 version java has restriction with security access.I faced same issues with ESR/ID in PO7.4 finally after several attemts of Java version install and reinstall with 1.6 version it worked for me with out any issues.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumaran, how are you?

Have you checked your Java security?

This problem happens because of new security behaviors that are held with the new Java Version.

Go to your Java Settings (Windows - Control Panel), navigate to security tab and choose medium.

With that, I had no more problems with Java 1.7.0.55.

Regards

Flavio