Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternativ​e resources in planning board

former_member691361
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please clarify me here.

We have one main resource and 5 alternative resources for that in our planning board.

Usually while PPDS planning the orders falls in main resource and manually we move it to other alternative resources.

Now we have maintained downtimes for the main resource for 10 days and when an order falls in this date it is placing the order on the next available alternative resource instead of placing the order on the main resource after the downtime period.

Is that how standard SAP works or is there any setting for this?

Please come back to me.

Thanks,

Prash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hello Prasanth,

I have similar scenario,as per SAP it's standard behavior that if the primary resource is down, the MRP choose alternative available SOS,  I have implemented following SAP note, to chnage the standard behavior.

I have TVARV table maintained for alternative resource and the BADI reads it and keep the orders on primary resource with delays.

Hope this will help you, if you have any question let me know.

449263 - User exit: Alternative sources of supply not checked in MRP

Thanks,

Rajiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prasanth,

If you are working with different production versions you can force the system to choose your preferred mode and version by priorities setup.

For mode the priority are from A toZ and for version from 0 to 999.

From release 7.2 it's possible to setup priorities directly on APO side(t.code /SAPAPO/CURTO_EDIT).

Thanks, Marius

0 Kudos

Hi Prash.

In general, liveCache will always select the fastest mode out of the modes that can be selected.

If your main resource / mode has Mode Priority 'A' in the PDS and the other modes have lower priorities ('B', 'C', etc), what you can do is set in the strategy settings of the heuristic you are using to create the orders the field "Lowest Mode Priority" to "Priority A (Highest Priority)".

This way, you restrict the selectable modes to only those with Mode Priority A.

Regards,

Tiago

former_member691361
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tiagio,

Thanks for the reply but please clarify me more.

1) For me all the resources are having mode priority A but in the strategy settings , I have set to retain mode.

Wont it be sufficient to create orders in the main resource after the down time.

2) Moreover when sending PDS, i guess all the resources will be come with mode priority A.

How to get A to main resource and B or C to alternative resources.

Could you please clarify me..

Thanks,

Prasanth

0 Kudos

Hi Prasanth.

You can change the mode priority in ECC side in transaction PDS_MAINT.

Other than that, you can do it with BAdI CUSLNTRTO_ADDIN, Method CHANGE_OPERATION.

edit. Setting to Retain Modes will not be enough to get the requested behavior when orders are created.

Regards,

Tiago

former_member691361
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Tiago.

Could you explain me the use and impact of retain modes in strategy settings and retain mode in the dependent parameters tab inside the strategy settings.

How does that impact while planning or scheduling?

Thanks,

Prasanth

former_member691361
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Both.

But could you please explain me the use and impact of retain modes in strategy settings and retain mode in the dependent parameters tab inside the strategy settings.

How does that impact while planning or scheduling?

Thanks,

Prasanth