Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in the Analytic View

former_member208246
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Created a input parameter to display the currency code as EUR(Europe), USD(US Dollar), INR(Indian Rupee).

Have created a Calculated Column and invoked the Input paramter within the Calculated Column. When the User selects the respective currency, must display only the valid data. But in this case, I am unable to preview the data and it results with the error.

Formula for the Calculated Column is -

(('$$CURRENCY$$'='EUR'),"SALES REVENUE" *1.4,"SALES REVENUE")

Error executing the query

Error: SAP DBTech JDBC: [266]: inconsistent datatype:  [6970] exception 6970:
AttributeEngine/InternalTable.cpp:6607
Evaluator: type error in expression evaluator; $function$=createExpressionColumnEx; $message$=unable to create expressioncolumn 'fixed(if(('EUR'='EUR'),"SALES REVENUE" *1.4,"SALES REVENUE"), 8, 2)': Evaluator: type error in expression evaluator;fixed8_8.2 fixed_8(if(int eq(string 'EUR', string 'EUR'), [here]times(string "SALES REVENUE", decfloat '1.4'), string "SALES REVENUE"))(6970); $message$=unable to create expressioncolumn 'fixed(if(('EUR'='EUR'),"SALES REVENUE" *1.4,"SALES REVENUE"), 8, 2)': Evaluator: type error in expression evaluator;fixed8_8.2 fixed_8(if(int eq(string 'EUR', string 'EUR'), [here]times(string "SALES REVENUE", decfloat '1.4'), string "SALES REVENUE"))(6970)

Can any one let me know the process to resolve this issue?

Thanks and regards

Sanjay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rindia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The data type and size of calculated column and "Sales revenue" must be identical. Try to keep calculated column same as sales revenue. If you still have the problem, revert with data types and size for the above two.

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

What is the data type of SALES REVENUE. Is it defined as VARCHAR ? if so you need to convert it and then you can do that multiplication.

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu

former_member208246
Participant
0 Kudos

Krishna,

The data for the SALES REVEUE is declared as - for Ex. 1255 EUR.... I have  mentioned this as integer and proceed furter, but I could nt import the data . Results in warning when i perform this. Data is not populated in the respective tables.

Please find attach the screen shot. What must be done in this case

Thanks and regards

Sanjay

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

and system is also trying to tell u the same.. how can you multiply 1255 EUR * 1.4 ?

So you have to find a logic to break the currencies and the amount separately and then u can multiply it.

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu