Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decimal for a weight field and form calc on a table - header text

former_member182465
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Need your help on 4 issues I am facing.

1) I am using a Quantity field and till interface the value is 100.000 but in adobeform print its showing 100. How to get decimals printed.

2) in item details there is a another quantity field and in old script its printed as &VBPLP-VEMNG&(7.0) but the field length is 12 and 3 decimals. If I am directly making limit leading digits to 7 then in output the values is printed as 0.

3) In item details printing there is a last field weight which is also decimal field. user wants to print this field value text(Weight) only when a text field value has "X". I got it perfectly getting printed if value is "X" and is not getting printed when its space. but the issue is the text weight is not getting printed only at first page and for subsequent pages the weight is getting printed. In what event I have to write the code for this scenario and currently I had written code in initialize.

Item Layout :

If a value of interface field is "X" the output should be

ID  | Material no | PO no  | SO no | Qty  | unit | Weight  |

If the value of interface field is " " the output should be

ID  | Material no | PO no  | SO no | Qty  | unit |

4) After completion of item details there is a requirement to print 2 standard texts. If 1st standard text has no value then it should print space and the next standard text text and value should move up and display. currently i had kept  text1,std text value1,text2,std text value2 in flowed subform only.

Awaiting for corrections......

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182465
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

The issue got solved. I am sharing the solution so that it may be useful for others.

1) solved by using pattern - num{$z,zzz9.999}

2) not necessary

3) In Pagination tab of header - you need to check the check box - keep previous , keep next.

4) have to make the text box to fit a single line and check box multiple lines and keep each standard text in a flowed sub form. Now if 1 st standard text is blank then second standard text will come up.

Thanks

Abilash

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

soumik_de2
Participant
0 Kudos

Select the field go field-> tab in object paltters -> pattern - > display in pattern write num{z,zz9.999}

It Will solve ur issue 1 .

soumik_de2
Participant
0 Kudos

I didn't get  your issue 2 because I am not getting why client will require 7 digit out of 12 and it is recommended to  delete leading zeros.  so please explain it in detail .

for issue 3

For dynamic text  can use floating field  .

for issue 4 use java script.

if(this.rawValue==null)
{
this.presence = "hidden";

}

and the subform should be flowed.

former_member182465
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Soumik for your replies...

In script the code is like &VBPLP-VEMNG&(7.0) so it means that they need only 7 digits if i am not wrong. Even i dont know why they used that.

for issue 3 I had used already dynamic code as you mentioned but its working perfectly for 1st page only not for next pages(please check the highlighted one). what is the event which controls all pages ...

soumik_de2
Participant
0 Kudos

i think the first issue is solved..........

i am still not getting why client need  7 digit out of 12....... and it is recommended to display value with out leading zeros...  if still the want it so please find sweetable conversion function module . or you have to put zeros before explicitly . For that you have to calculate the length of variable........

Issue 3 is it a table with dynamic column......... or u want header text to be dynamic.........?

Issue 4 you haven't mentioned anything whether it is solved or not............

former_member182465
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Soumik,

Thanks for your patience.

Issue 1 got solved by using pattern - num{$z,zzz9.999}. you forgot $ symbol so it didnt worked before

issue 2 : No work needed. As i didnt understood the script but i am using all characters in adobeform

issue 3 : the form calc code is working only on 1st page. trying out for solution

issue 4: trying out for solution

soumik_de2
Participant
0 Kudos

As you mentioned  Your value is 100.000 so I thought the variable is of 6 char with 3 decimal,

You can put $ sign it is for currency . But if u put exactly the same character as of field type it will work with out $ sign.

for issue 3 use java script instead of  form calc.

for issue 4 if  in Your standard text the is no bold font and the whole text is of same style the create text using  text field in interface and pass it to form context. my suggestions is to u is don't create include text in form context.