cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Car Rental Application does not start

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo,

I completed all the steps of tutorial "Car Rental Application" but I can not load the application, I get the error:

" Application stopped!

Details: You have requested an application that is currently stopped

"

What is going wrong? I read that it is possible to start the application with the "visual administrator tool", sorry for this basic question, but how can I start that tool?

Regards,

SAPL

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To start the Visual Admin tool go to /usr/sap/<SID>/<INSTANCE>/j2ee/admin and start the go.bat or go.sh script. But most probably if the app wasn't started automatically after the deployment, there were some problems which you'll have to correct before you can start it. You can check for errors in /usr/sap/<SID>/<INSTANCE>/j2ee/cluster/server<N>/log/defaultTrace.trc.

Hope it helps!

Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Vladimir,

thanks a lot for your help. Like you can notice, I am new in SAP Netweaver. Could you recomend me some literature about it? How did you know that the Visual Admin tool can be with /usr/sap/<SID>/<INSTANCE>/j2ee/admin/go.bat started?

Best regards,

SAPLernen

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi SAPLernen,

If you're new to SAP NetWeaver I'd recommend you the book "SAP NetWeaver for Dummies". Here is a quote from a <a href="/people/dominic.uliano/blog/2004/05/31/sap-netweaver-for-dummies-why-youre-not-a-dummy-for-reading-this-book about this book:

"Not only does “SAP Netweaver for Dummies” explain the components of Netweaver in a plain and simple manner, it does a fantastic job of explaining the more complex concepts of Netweaver in an easy to understand method."

Another abundant source of useful information is the SAP Help Portal: http://help.sap.com/. Just navigate to Documentation -> SAP NetWeaver and you'll have access to the online documentation about all and every SAP NetWeaver component.

And last but not least, you can always search for the answers to your questions in the immense space of the SAP Developer Network

Best regards,

Vladimir

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

I Suggest to check out this for car rental kuala lumpur