Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"LZPL driver does not support SAPscript! There may be no printout"

0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

(Please note some problem alike was discussed, the answer was not really clear though

Therefore I refer to this error once again)...

Tying to print a sapcript form (label).
Label design with zebra software; copied to sapscript. (ZPL Code, thus)
Spool showing ZPL commands instead of content.

Error in spool: "LZPL driver does not support SAPscript! There may be no printout"

configuration as per TAC SPAD:
Device type : LB_ZEB (Zebra label printer IBM850)
Host Spool Access Method:  direct operating system call
Print mode default printer setting
Paper tray default tray

print control selection

SLINE flag at; Flag at HEX; Control Char Seq = 0D0A
SPAGE flag at; Flag at HEX; Control Char Seq = 0D0A

|

Please advise. Thanx in  advance
Raf

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

0 Kudos

Aim was to print labels for goods receipt with Sapscript.

I started using device types for zebra printers assuming they were adequate for Zebra printers. This is also the usual recommendation in many ABAP chats.

But they do not work and even give the error message "LZPL driver does not support SAPscript!

I could achieve a solution this way:

1. I Used Zebra Designer for MYSAP: Design label / export label as ITF-file

helpful link:

http://www.servopack.de/support/zebra/ZDesignerSAP_RG.pdf

2. SO10 create text (Standard), any name. Upload  ITF-file into it. Copy code into label text, see OMCF "maintain label text"

3. OMCF,here I used the standard config.

Alternatively to point 2 you can upload ITF-file directly into editor (step "maintain label text")

4. Maintain printer in TA SPAD.I did not maintain it (like very often recommended) as  zebra-device-type. I use the ASCIIPRI-device-type. Once it was maintained I went to 3rd tab "device type" and tried different drivers --> at the end I used STNDwhich turned out to work best for my purpose.

I do write all these steps because there are a lot of solutions in the web that can drive one crazy not giving a real solution...

But at the end it is rather trivial, if you have the right hints...

1 REPLY 1

0 Kudos

Aim was to print labels for goods receipt with Sapscript.

I started using device types for zebra printers assuming they were adequate for Zebra printers. This is also the usual recommendation in many ABAP chats.

But they do not work and even give the error message "LZPL driver does not support SAPscript!

I could achieve a solution this way:

1. I Used Zebra Designer for MYSAP: Design label / export label as ITF-file

helpful link:

http://www.servopack.de/support/zebra/ZDesignerSAP_RG.pdf

2. SO10 create text (Standard), any name. Upload  ITF-file into it. Copy code into label text, see OMCF "maintain label text"

3. OMCF,here I used the standard config.

Alternatively to point 2 you can upload ITF-file directly into editor (step "maintain label text")

4. Maintain printer in TA SPAD.I did not maintain it (like very often recommended) as  zebra-device-type. I use the ASCIIPRI-device-type. Once it was maintained I went to 3rd tab "device type" and tried different drivers --> at the end I used STNDwhich turned out to work best for my purpose.

I do write all these steps because there are a lot of solutions in the web that can drive one crazy not giving a real solution...

But at the end it is rather trivial, if you have the right hints...