cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pass the SAP User Credentials retrieved through rfcConnection function as input parameters to another Java Program

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I have a VBA Excel program that call Java program to update config objects in SAP PI. Now when the user first opens the excel he has to go through SAP authentication using rfc.logon and connection functions. This is just to get access to the excel.
the second step is running the Java program through call shell command. The java program internally needs uswer id and password again to actually connect and update the config in SAP PI.

What I am trying to do was when the user first enters the user id and password (rfcConnection.Password), I can pass the same credentials as the input paramerets to the java program. However though I am able to pass userID (rfcConnection.User) in call shell which runs Java cmd. I am unable to pass rfcConnection.Password as the value is hashed.

Please let me know if anyone is aware of passing the SAP User Credentials retrieved through rfcConnection function as input parameters to another Java Program.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

holger_khn
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vicky.

May you can post your code. I have an rough idea how this can get managed. But I Need to see how you call the Java code from Excel VBA. Then I may can suggest how to Export required RFC-Connection to Java.