cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieving URL of running Fiori application

andrevan_staden
Explorer

Hi,

We have some contents that is stored relative to the root URL of the running Fiori application.   When the application is launched form the Fiori launchpad, the URL visible is that of the launchpad and not that of the application itself. How do I get the actual application URL so that I can create the URL of the contents that I want to display.?

Is there a API available to do this or is it something that is not supported out of the box?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

andrevan_staden
Explorer

Thanks Masa, Pankaj.

You can get the app module path by way of 

jQuery.sap.getModulePath("xxxxxxxxxxxx").

in this case something like

sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/xxxxxxxxxxxx/....

As we have to display items relative to this path the semantic object path does not give us the correct root to the module.  Luckily we came across the jQuery extension in which SAP addresses the problem for us.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

pankaj_bisht
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

Wave2 apps runs with Launchpad.You will only get the app URl via the semantic object and the action on the semantic object as Masa mentioned.

For e.g. in case of Timesheet App the semantic object is TimeEntry and action is Create(CreateTimeEntry) so the app URL will be.

http://<server>:<port>/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/ui2/ushell/shells/abap/FioriLaunchpad.html?sap-client=001&sap-language=EN#TimeEntry-createTimeEntry

Best Regards

Pankaj

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

Are you going to develop some custom app?

In that case, you need to define semantic object.

Creating Custom Semantic Objects - User Interface Add-On for SAP NetWeaver - SAP Library

Regards, Masa

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG