cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third Party and Sales Deal Combination

Former Member
0 Kudos
  • A Client has a business process where the vendor normally delivers goods to the client and the client sends it to the customer with some secial promotional pricing. But at times the vendor is not able to deliver the goods on time to the client so they send it directly to the end customer to save time. I was wondering if this could be acheived with a different item category like in third party with a combination with sales deals to handle the promotional pricing. Please suggest if this is a viable option or if we have to go anyother route.
  • Also since I am new to sales deals, I would like to know if there is any identifier/indicator in sales orders which tells us that it is using a sales deal?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

naveen_kaluti
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello George,

1. A Client has a business process where the vendor normally delivers goods to the client and the client sends it to the customer with some special promotional pricing.

• For this you can use individual purchase order process with item category "TAB" and use it with sales deals.

2. But at times the vendor is not able to deliver the goods on time to the client so they send it directly to the end customer to save time. I was wondering if this could be achieved with a different item category like in third party with a combination with sales deals to handle the promotional pricing.

• Yes, you can definitely use third party process to fulfill your second requirement by using "TAS" item category in the sales order. 

• The only difference between the two process will be the ship to party address on the PR & PO. Based on the item category system determines which ship to party address it should copy on to the PR & PO.

• If its customer's address vendor delivers the goods directly to customer (Third party process) and sends you a notification, and if its client's address then vendor delivers the goods to client and later the client delivers the goods to customer ( individual purchase order process)

3.  Now coming to sales deals.

• Yes you can use it with both the processes and you won't be able to see sales deal number at document level in the sales order, however you will be able to see it at invoice document level.

• If you wish to see the sales order associated to a particular sales deal then you check them at table level in VBAP and for billing documents in VBRP.

• You will be able to see the sales deals which has been determined in the sales order, based on the condition type and condition record triggered. You can see them at item level of sales document by going in the additional data screen from the condition records details screen.

Regards

Naveen K.