cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create multiple WT performance issue in EWM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In EWM, one Inbound delivery with multiple materials (more than 300 items and packing more than 1000 HUs) need to be putaway with warehouse tasks. System took more than 3 mins to create WTs. Our client think this performance cannot be accepted.

Who can advise how to optimize the system to create WT in EWM? We are using EWM standard function to create WT for putaway.

Thanks,

Julia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Julia,

there are some settings in Customizing with reference to parallel creation of WTs, under "Cross-Process Settings" and "Goods Receipt Process".

With "Define General Settings for Parallel Processing and Performance" you can activate the parallel processing for some settings, with "Activate Parallel Processing for Inbound WT Creation" you define the details for inbound WTs. Did you check there already?

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

Thanks for your guide!

I understood the parallel creation of WTs, it should be auto more processes to creation WTs in system and will be faster than one process to creation WTs.

I will test it accordingly.

Thanks&Best regards,

Julia

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

venkatasasidhargupta_gada
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Julia

I have also experienced the similar issue when I tried to create WTs for around 50 HUs, it took much time (though it is sandbox, this is less performance). What I guess is, it may also depends on your enterprise structure and put away rules. I mean to say if there are more conditions and logics to perform to determin destination bin for each HU, it might take lot time.

Please update if you find some solution.

Thanks

Sasidhar Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

There are two notes to solve this issue.

1510229 and 1621270.

Julia

former_member600986
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Julia,

Question:  Are you using PPF action to create the Putaway WTs?  If so, you can work with your basis team to figure out how you can add more resources to support the Queue load.  One thing you can do immediately is to turn off WT logging in /SCWM/ACTLOG this will most probably increase performance by how much i am not sure but worth a try.

Thanks,

Faical 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Faical.

Yes, we are using PPF action

I checked our system with /SCWM/ACTLOG and /SCWM/DLVPPFLOG, there is not any active log to be record.

Do you have any other advise about Creation of WT performance?

Thanks,

Julia

former_member600986
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Julia,

I would work with your BASIS person to look how to add more resources to Q processing.  We had issues with PPF PGI and had to optimize resources to the Q processing to make sure the PGI take place in time..

Thanks,

Faical