Did you mean: 

User upper case and lower case in CLM

former_member182305
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a post where I explain a problem I had importing Master Agreements

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3541083

This was because when I do an import, the user id is case sensitive. For example if the user id is: user1234 and I set in the file to import USER1234, CLM won't recognize the user.

I wonder is there is a way to use upper or lowercase and the system recognize the user anyways.

Thank you for your answers.

Best regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member89217
Contributor
0 Kudos

There is.  In the directory configuration there is a setting for case sensitivity.  It is called Case-Sensitive username and it is a checkbox.  You have to be completely sure the user store can handle case insensitivity before changing this.  Since in some cases, Userfred and userFred are two unique users.

Gary

former_member182305
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Gary,

Thank you very much for you answer. I went to Directory configuration, I checked that option, then I tried to create a user, for example the original is userfred and the one I need is USERFRED. I tried to do that with the opgion case sensitive already checked and the system didn't let me.

The problem is not when I login, the problem is when I do an import of a Master agreement, i set the document Owner as USERFRED and daemon doesn´t recognize the user because it is userfred.

Is there any option or any configuration i can do in the schedule task to make it CASE INSENSITIVE??

Best Regards.

Sebas.

former_member89217
Contributor
0 Kudos

so in the case of an import the lookup will always be case sensitive as the comparison happens against a string from the database. Where the login can be made insensitive, the use a of a string as a key to an oblect will always be case sensitive.  You will just need to get those correct. The can be tedious when mixed case usernames are allowed.   This isn't the only place you will encounter case sensitity when using imports.

Gary