cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error vendor code 942 when connecting with different user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm using CR2013 with SP1 and Oracle 11r2.

I created a report to be used in several applications. Each application access the database with a different username.

Each username (userapp1, userapp2...) was created by a DBA user giving grants to access to all tables needed to run the report.

What is happening is when I run the report through the application using DBAuser credencials everything runs smoothly.

But when I try to run the report using the "userapp" credentials I get the error vendor code 942.

In the Crystal Reports I can use any credentials (DBAuser ou userapp) that works fine, but through the application I always get this error.

Anyone can help?

Thanks in advance

Luis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oracle's 942 error is "Table or View does not exist".  I would try logging in to the database in a tool such as SQLPlus or a tool like Toad using the "userapp" user and see whether you can query the tables you need for the report.  I suspect there might be either a rights or a synonym issue that's causing your problem.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

No, I can connect easily and see all data with SQL, TOAD or even Crystal Reports.

The owner is "DBAuser" and I'm accessing with "userapp". If I need to overwrite the Owner of the tables I will need a different report for each application.

And I'm really trying to avoid that...

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You shouldn't have to do that - I've been able to do this sort of thing in the past with no problems.  However, I've never done it through ReCrystalize.  You may have to contact their customer support for assistance with this.

What happens if your app doesn't send the report through ReCrystalize?  Also, are you using the Native Oracle connection or an ODBC connection?  What is your code for setting the logon for the report?

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

I confess I never tried tosend it without ReCrystalize.

I'm using the native Oracle Server connection.

Each application use a different website for reports. The main app call the "report App" and send the credentials (connections string, user, pass) and parameters needed.

Besides the fact I'm using different applications (to allow different credentials) the reports are always the same. Duplicated for each app, but completely equal.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Luis

What sort of an application is this? One you created? One obtained from a 3rd party vendor? What CR SDK does the app use? What language was the app coded in?

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

it's an application created by us (I'm not a develloper).

The app was created in .NET with Visual Studio 2012. The reports are accessed through a third-party application called Recrystalize to easily "translate" them to different formats.

Apparently, when connecting with the userapp  it's not recognizing the tables which are in a different schema (DBAuser).

I must have a different report to be used by each app, overwriting the table Owner?

Thanks

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The user does not have to "own" the tables.  However, I believe you need to create a synonym for each table and give each user the access to read from the tables.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done that granting select (among others) to the table/user.

The creation of synonymous will make me create synonymous for almost all DB tables and I'm talking of a few hundreds...
Granting should be enough, no?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I want to agree with Dell re. contacting recrystalize / Ken Hamady(?) and see if they can help. I suspect the issue is how recrystalize handles these changes.

- Ludek