cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MaxDB 7.6 and NetBackup (Veritas)

0 Kudos

We are installing content server 6.40 with MaxDB 7.6 into a Netweaver 2004s enviroment with Microsoft Windows 2003 64 bits.

We are using Veritas NetBackup 6.0 for doing SQL Server 2005 backups in all of our systems, but with content server we've had to install MaxDB compulsory.

NetBackup Server 6.x Database Agent Compatibility (Updated February 22, 2007) only supports SAP MAX-DB v 7.5.

Has everybody executed backups with Veritas NetBackup 6.0 for a MaxDB 7.6?

Are we going to have any problems if we install MaxDB 7.6? or Should we install content server 6.40 with MaxDB 7.5?

Very thanks in advanced.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Fernando,

I just finished the installation of Content Server 6.40, Max DB 7.6 on Windows Server 2003 x64, but the content server returns error HTTP 500, the trace (cs_trace.txt) just returns 2 lines -> Content Server started and 10 sec. later Content Server stopped ..., I assume the windows 2003 64 bit might be the problem to register contentserver.dll's correctly, may I ask that you got the installation up and running ?

Thanks a lot!!

bye Frank !

0 Kudos

I had the same problem with the content server installation on windows 2003 x64. Eventually, I installed it on windows 2003 32 bits and it's running perfectly. Content server is the only server on 32 bits in our system.

The problem is that Veritas Netbackup 6.0 only supports up to MaxDB 7.5.

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Fernando,

From MaxDB's side there is no technical difference between a backup using Backint for Oracle together with MaxDB 7.5 or MaxDB 7.6. Therefore SAP is supporting these combinations from it's side.

However, Veritas itself is of course free to choose, what MaxDB versions it supports. I would like to suggest, you contact Veritas, whether they plan to extend thier support also onto MaxDB 7.6 or not.

Best regards,

Tilo Heinrich

MaxDB&liveCache

SAP AG