Did you mean: 

Sender mail adapter Error - UnknownHostException: <hostname>

tharaka_fernando
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All Gurus,

PI Version : 7.31

Scenario : Mail to File

Below is the sender communication channel configured.

But in the Communication Channel Monitoring ( Runtime Workbench) I'm getting below error
exception caught during processing mail message; java.net.ConnectException: A remote host did not respond within the timeout period.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tharu,

Your mail server may expecting SSL

try to change URL to pops://<mail server address>

Thanks,

Krupa

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tharu,

It seems to be exchange server is not reachable from PI. Please verify if the exchange is reachable from PI.

regards,

Harish

tharaka_fernando
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Thank you for the reply..

I have developed a scenario File to Mail. (Mail Adapter as Receiver). But it is working fine..I can send Email using PI Mail adapter.But the issue is in reading Mail.

former_member192343
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tharu

Receiver uses smtp protocol, and sender uses pop3, so smtp could be available, but pop3 not.

Also this protocols use different ports. SMTP could not require authorization to send messages and so on.

Check connection from PI to exchange at pop3 port.

Regards, Mikhail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Sending a mail and reading a mail are using different protocol and different servers.

While sending emails from PI we can use the protocol SMTP and IMAP4.

But while reading we can use only POP3 or IMAP4.

The problem is with your POP3 server.  PI is not able to connect to it. Please check with your network team to resolve this issue.

tharaka_fernando
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you for the replies..

I got the confirmation from BASIS that that they are able to  successfully Ping from PI to mail server. But the port number they have set is 25.

Is this correct?

If not how to configure?

former_member192343
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

try this pop://IP_ADDRESS:25

Also check that 25 port is open between PI and exchange (use telnet or ask basis team)

Regards, Mikhail

tharaka_fernando
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mkhail,

Thank you..

I have setup according to that...and BASIS confirmed that they are  able to telnet with port 25. It was showing connected

Now I'm getting

exception caught during processing mail message; java.io.IOException: unexpected greeting response; read 220 ARALIYA.hayleys.net Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service ready at Wed, 23 Apr 2014 14:11:33 +0530

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check this. It might help

Change the url as pops://IP_ADDRESS:25

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tharu,

Check out below thread

Thanks,

Krupa

tharaka_fernando
Contributor
0 Kudos

Now :

exception caught during processing mail message; iaik.security.ssl.SSLException: Invalid SSL message, peer seems to be talking plain!

former_member192343
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does you mail server need some certificates to connect to?