cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploying my first web dynpro java application through NWDS 7.3 giving error

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

i am new to webdynpro java. i am basically a xi consultant, but due to some work need to work on webdynpro java as well.

i went through the blog

i am using NWDS 7.3

i created web dynpro project as per above blog. on the last step, it says to deploy it on SAP system.

now i have access to PI7.1 system only, though in our landscape, we have ECC system, EP system, BI system etc.

i guess the above webpage is referring to getting it deployed on EP system - but i have access to only PI7.1 system - in NWDS 7.3 in window - preferences - SAP AS Java - i have added PI7.1 system and it is showing there.

now on right-clicking web dynpro application, and selecting deploy new archive and run - it is not deploying and the web-page gives error 404 - not found. The requested resource does not exist.

can the web dynpro application be deployed on PI7.1 system?

pls suggest how to resolve this error. thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

arthur_fuscella
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Maybe you're having authorization problems. On the 404 page, click on back to the main app. and check     .

Are you able to see your application on NWDS through Repository view ?

Regards,

Arthur Silva

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

1 go to nwds

2 go to windows

3 select preference

4 select sap j2ee engine

5 give your j2ee engine details

regards

antony a

Former Member
0 Kudos

this option is available in NWDS7.1 as i saw in a blog.

but in NWDS 7.3, we have SAP AS Java, but it only has SAP connection system settings.

pls tell in NWDS 7.3, where is the option to build an application which is compatible with NW7.1 system. thanks.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no such thing

each nw version, there is a corresponding version of nwds

just one one relationship

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello stewart,

1) configure SLD

2) configure system

3) configure JCO

regards

antony a

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

buddy, are you reading the question?

he just wants to print a hello world message...

why he needs those?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello stewart,

first of all you have to configure the backend system(ECC system).

1 you should have SAP EP 7.3?

2 You should have  SAP ECC server?

tanks

antony a

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am just trying to write hello world message through the web dynpro application as explained in above web-page URL.

in above URL, configuration of backend system ECC is not mentioned - does it need to be done for the above application.

moreover, i am trying to deploy web dynpro application on SAP PI 7.1 system - is it possible?

also, is there some URL showing the configuration steps of backend system ECC for deployment of web dynpro application? please tell. thanks.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No ecc needed no configuration needed , just use the right nwds u will be good.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you have to download nwds7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your reply.

actually i again tried to deploy the web dynpro application from nwds7.3 to pi7.1 system and just now it finally gave message - deployment status - successful.

but the webpage which opened still shows the message - The requested resource does not exist.

i just checked the nwa log in pi7.1 system and there also there are entries for the hello world web dynpro application deployment.

now the question is - why the web-page shows the above error, if the deployment is successful? or does any service needs to be activated in pi7.1 system to get the web-page displayed properly? please suggest. thanks.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

application developed in nwds7.3 can only run on nw7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

oh, so this is the case - thanks for the information.

actually i am new to web dynpro java - so may be my questions are quite idiotic, but still asking - has the deployment system be specifically EP system - or even PI system can have it deployed?

means is there any criteria as to which is the system on which the web dynpro application can be deployed - means EP system, PI system, ECC system, BI system - any system can have it deployed?

does it depend on Netweaver version of the SAP system only? - meaning if i use NWDS 7.1 to create a web dynpro application, then any SAP system (whether it is EP, PI, ECC, BI or any other system regardless but) which is having NW7.1 can be used for its deployment and on running, the application, we can get the hello world message in the browser window? please tell. thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

any replies to above question, please. thanks.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Wd runtime is a very basic component, as long as you are using the right version of nwds and deploy to the corresponding  server, it should work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the information.

actually if i try to download NWDS 7.1, i think since it will be around 250MB, so downloading it shall take much time on my system and the internet connection may also get broken - this is just my thinking, as i do not know the actual download size of NWDS 7.1.

1. so is there any option that from NWDS 7.3, we can create web dynpro applications which can be compatible with NW 7.1 for PI 7.1 - means any configuration setting somewhere in NWDS7.3?

2. also, is there any option in NWDS 7.3 to locally test the output in NWDS itself, as to be sure the output on deploying the application will also generate the same screen output?

please tell the answer for the above 2 questions. thanks.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no

Former Member
0 Kudos

oh..

any other way, if we can use this web dynpro prj in any other type of J2EE application in NWDS and see the output of this web dynpro application?

i just want to confirm myself that ok when we will have the proper NW versions, then on deployment it shall run.

the problem is i do not have access to PI 7.3 system and downloading NWDS7.1 is too large a file to download.

any work around if you can think of, please. thanks.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have downloaded NWDS7.1 through this link

https://nwds.sap.com/swdc/downloads/updates/netweaver/nwds/ce/

used the first option - Download latest NWDS_platform.zip release

the zip file got downloaded.

on trying to install through IDEsetup.exe - now i am getting error in installation - The installer cannot run in the 32-bit sub-system on a 64-bit architecture.

how to solve this error - i tried installing jdk-6u7-windows-x64.exe and jdk-6u18-windows-x64.exe - but still the error remains same.

So how to install NWDS7.1 on my system? please tell. thanks.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i think that is just base file, no installation need,

you just unzip and execute it, it will ask u to do the upgrade( kind of online installation)

Former Member
0 Kudos

actually when i run the IDEsetup.exe after unzipping it, the system is trying to open SAP Netweaver Developer Studio, but it is erroring with the above error message - The installer cannot run in the 32-bit sub-system on a 64-bit architecture.

what to do to get NWDS7.1 to open in my system? please tell. thanks.

my machine is having Windows 7 os.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IDEsetup.exe is the only exe inside?

Former Member
0 Kudos

actually i did a mistake. now the NWDS7.1 is setup on my system.

i created hello world web dynpro prj and application.

added PI7.1 system in SAP AS Java in NWDS7.1

then deploy and run web dynpro application - got deployment status success in first attempt here.

the browser window opened in firefox as blank - but when i copied the URL in IE, then an error msg got displayed saying - 500 internal server error - Failed to process request please contact your system administrator.

The initial exception that caused the request to fail, was:

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: helloworldcomponent/wdp/InternalHelloWorldComponent : Unsupported major.minor version 50.0

please suggest how to rectify this error. thanks.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

u have to use jdk5

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have installed jdk1.5 on my system. NWDS7.1 is using jdk1.5

but i also have java6 in my system for opening PI7.1 java applications.

will i need to uninstall IE10 and reinstall it so that it use jdk1.5 as its java.

actually i have 2 versions of jdk1.5 update 14 and update 17 in my system. i m using update 17 for NWDS71 - i uninstalled update14 and reinstalled it - in its installation at one step it asks for which browser to have its java plugin, there i selected IE - then update 14 installation got completed. i again opened NWDS71 and redeployed the application - on running the url in IE, the same error is coming.

so what to do. pls tell. thanks.