cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a file save dialog box on button click

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have some text and I want to write this text in to a file.Then I want to save this file to my local system using a file save dialog box so that I can choose the location where I want to save this file.Please tell me how can I do this in WebDynpro.

If I cannot get the File save Dialog Box then how can I give the path while creating the new file so that it is created on my local system as the application is running on server.

Regards

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

Sorry for late reply. But still my problem is not resolved. By this I can only save one file that is loaded on server but I have to create many files and then save all these files to my local machine without first uploading them to the server.

Regards,

Rahul

sid_sunny
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Is your problem solved. If not then please specify your requirments clearly.

Regards

Sid

Message was edited by:

siddharth chauhan

sid_sunny
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

If your problem is solved then please reward the points and mark your question as answered.

Regards

Sid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Armin and Siddharth,

Thanks for your reply but still this is not a solution for me. Using a filedownload UI element provides a link to me and when I click the link it shows the content of file in a browser but I want to save this file on my local system. Is there any other way or a piece of code which can help me in doing this.

Regards

Rahul

sid_sunny
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

You can change this behaviour of opening up of the file in the browser to save option simply by changing the BEHAVIOUR property to "allowSave".

Do reward points if it helps.

Regards

sid

sid_sunny
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Let me know if your problem is resolved or not.

Regrads

Sid

sid_sunny
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Sometime back I was also facing the same requirment and there are only two solutions to it one is what Armin suggested to use the file download UI element the other one you can get from this link

Regards

Sid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use the FileDownload UI element.

Armin