Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install maps

mmgc_riel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to install a new map. I followed the document of Ralf Rath but miss the relation.
In the demo  VBI_GUI_SAMPLE1 delivered by SAP i see the maps as

In the SPRO i see:

While debugging i can see information about the mapproducts with the @ copyright sign, but in SPRO this symbol is not used.

Now i added an own MAPproduct, but i can't get it working.

Can somebody explain me why there is this difference and how i should define a mapproduct?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182119
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi!

Adding a map product is the first step on the way! What you see in the demo application is the set of map layer stacks assigned to an application (GEOMAP_DEMO in that case).

The idea is to work through the SPRO view cluster from top to bottom:

1. Define map products

2. Assign map products to map layer stack or create new map layer stacks.

3. Assign map layer stack to a application.

With this setup you can reuse map products in several map layer stack and also combine then, e.g. use a half transparent street map on top of an arial map. Finally you can reuse your map layers in several applications. Each application need a default map layer stack, which is use if noting else if specified. Further map layer stack are available e.g. for personalization.

Best regards,

Uwe

mmgc_riel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried from top to bottom. But in the tables i can't find anything back of the information i added.
I can't even find the information from default installation back in the tables or debugger. The tables contain HERE maps but the SPRO contains OVI and Copyright NOKIA.

In the debuuger i see @ copyright.

I miss the complete relation.

Greetings
Maarten

former_member182119
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Maarten,

I am very sorry for this confusion. Depending on the installed software components in your system you may have two different SPRO locations for Visual Business. Up to version 2.0 Visual Business resides in software component SAP_BS_FND. The related IMG entries are under Cross-Application Components->Processes and Tools for Enterprise Applications->Visual Business.

With Version 2.1 the Visual Business Backend has been re-implemented in a new software component and the corresponding IMG entries are now under SAP NetWeaver->UI Technologies->SAP Visual Business.

The view clusters behind look very simular, but are fully independent. The demo program VBI_GUI_SAMPLE1 belongs to VB 2.1 and uses the entries from view cluster VBIVB_APPDEF. The SPRO activity you look at is most likely the older view cluster VBCVC_MAP_DEF.

In general you may differentiate the two different backend implementation by the name prefix. Up to VB 2.0 all object names begin with VBC. In the new implementation all names start with VBI.

Best regards,

Uwe

Answers (0)