cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM Manual Inspection Lot - with Inspection lot origin 89

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi QM Guru,

I did maintain inspection type 10 in this material but while i would like to create the inspection lot manually.

I try to create manual inspection lot manually , i encounter this error with Inspection lot origin 89.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No valid inspection type for material 10000037 was found or selected

Message no. QA280

Diagnosis

An active inspection type for the material 1XXXXXXX in plant XXXX could not be found for the specified origin 89 or none of the available inspection types was selected.

System Response

Inspection lots cannot be created.

Procedure

Check the inspection type setting in the material master.

Is there anything which i missing ?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope you have got the answer for this query. You get this error because you are trying to create a manual inspection lot (origin 89) of a material for which Inspection type 89 is not activated.

From your statement,

I did maintain inspection type 10 in this material but while i would like to create the inspection lot manually.

I try to create manual inspection lot manually , i encounter this error with Inspection lot origin 89.

It is clearly stated that you are using different inspection types. As Rama has suggested, activate Inspection type 89 in the material master and make corresponding master data.

Other than that, you cannot create manual inspection lot for the origins 10, 11, 12, 13 & 14. Similarly, Automatic inspection lots cannot be created for origins 07, 15 & 89. This answers your further query raised in the thread.

ntn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Covlescu Horatiu,,

Do you mean that The origins 10, 11 12 and 13 can only be used for automatically created inspection lots ?

Normal inspection lot is for inspection type 89 only ?

Thank you

former_member207541
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you maintained an inspection plan for this material?

Horatiu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Covlescu Horatiu,

Does It mean as below flow

QM View ---> Inspection Type ---> Inspection Plan ---> MIC , Once i have all this i can perform UD and released the UD ?

Must have inspection plan for it ?

Hope to hear from you.

former_member184666
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kent,

If you want manually create inspection lot then follow as given below:

1. Activate inspection type 89 in material master -QM View - MM02
  2. Create Inspection Plan - QP01
  3. Create Inspection Lot manually - QA01
  4. Results Recording and UD - QE01 & QA11 or QA32

Thanks & Regards,

Ramagiri

former_member207541
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if your inspection type has in its settings the requirement 'inspection with task list' (and I suspect that has), then you will have to go through this procedure.

You can choose not to use an inspection plan but material specifications instead (creating MIC's in QS21 and assigning them to material specs that you create by QS61). Or you can go for both (material specs alogside an inspection plan).

If you want to create an inspection lot without plan or specifications, try by deselecting 'insp. with task list', 'insp. with mat. specs', 'check chars', 'automatic assignment' and sett sampling data to '100% inspection'.

Regards,

H.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think that you have to active the 89 inspection type, and maybe do the calculation sample.