cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing indexes and use of SAP_INFOCUBE_INDEXES_REPAIR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

In our BW systems , job SAP_INFOCUBE_INDEXES_REPAIR is running every week ,but still in DB02 , I see number of missing primary and secondary indexes.   

Job SAP_INFOCUBE_INDEXES_REPAIR regenerate the missing indexes ,then why do I still see many missing indexes in the system ?

Regards,
Archana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Could you provide the list of indexes that are marked as missing in Tx DB02

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Reagan,

I see indexes missing in database and in ABAP dictionary.

Missing in database :

Primary index:Its mainly ODS object tables../BI0/AXXXX and /BIC/AXXXX

Secondary index : E and E table indexes

Missing in ABAP dictionary:

Primary index: again ODS object tables.

Function of job SAP_INFOCUBE_INDEXES_REPAIR is to repair all the indexes ,which I don't see happening. If data load needs to drop indexes , I guess there would be step after data load to re create index.

Regards,

Archana

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Archana

You can get in touch with your BI function or ABAP consultant.based there advice you can take action

Regards

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your reply.

But I just observed that job SAP_INFOCUBE_INDEXES_REPAIR analyzes and repairs mainly F-tables . I didn't see any ODS tables in the job log. So anybody knows how job SAP_INFOCUBE_INDEXES_REPAIR selects  and analyzes the tables to be repaired ?

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

As per my understanding each of the process chains created in BI system will have a step to drop indexes and re-create indexes. During these step few of the indexes are not re-created based on the reporting requirement. This is one of the reasons why you see missing indexes in DB02.

Basic information available in sap help

InfoCube Performance (SAP Library - Business Intelligence)

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori